Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2005, 01:24 PM

Default Ick! Did I get all of my chips in the middle too early here?

First of all, I think the player who went on to win the pot is a complete fish for even calling my raise with that rotten excuse for a hand, but I'm more concerned about my play post flop than about my opponent's idiotic pre-flop decisions.

This was one of the first hands I played in a very short (my table fell apart rather quickly and I couldn't find any other obnoxiously good games) and somewhat unprofitable (I lost half a buy-in...Sue me.) sessison.

I raised pot against a few limpers with what I consider to be a fairly powerful hand, and I got 3 callers (Which given how loose people play at this level, I actually expected 4 - 5, believe it or not) and flop top set.

I bet the pot, trying to get as much of my opponents' stack as I can in the middle, and I get one caller and (of course) no raisers, which suggests that he's on a wrap around straight draw or flush draw (People aren't prone to bet their monster draws at this level, in my experience.)...

Obviously, I re-raise his fishy min bet on the turn ($0.25 into a massive pot? WTF? People do it all the time at this level, and it's always indicative of either the pure nuts or a scared hand.), knowing that if I'm beat I'm getting the pot odds (which his stack that small) I need for a board pair to top full or quads on the river.

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $0.25 BB (9 handed) converter

Hero ($24.75)
MP3 ($11.65)
CO ($15.85)
Button ($10.65)
SB ($7.95)
BB ($10.10)
UTG ($16.90)
UTG+1 ($13.30)
MP1 ($17.25)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.25, UTG+1 calls $0.25, MP1 calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.6</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls $1.35, UTG calls $1.35, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls $1.35.

Flop: ($6.75) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6.45</font>, BB calls $6.45, UTG folds, MP1 folds.

Turn: ($19.65) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $16.7</font>, BB calls $1.80 (All-In).

River: ($38.40) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $38.40

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has 7s 2d 8d 6d (straight, nine high).

Outcome: BB wins $23.75. Hero wins $14.65. </font>
Old 08-14-2005, 01:36 PM

Default Re: Ick! Did I get all of my chips in the middle too early here?

No.
Old 08-14-2005, 08:13 PM

Default Re: Ick! Did I get all of my chips in the middle too early here?

since hes only got 1.80 left to bet after the flop with a pot of 20, you have made him totally commited when youre the favorite wíth your trips against his weak flush/inside straight draw. thats a good thing!