Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 03-10-2004, 04:22 PM

Default Who would like to exchange NLHE SNG tournament summaries?

After having read all I can about NLHE tournament strategy, I think one of the best ways to find leaks in your game would be to exchange tournament summaries. Someone else can then comment the summaries, and we can both learn from both of them --- both the person doing the summarization and the one reading someone else's comments can profit from this experience.

I would love to get a few people who I could exchange Party Poker tournament summaries with, and then we can compare notes. We could use the Party Poker replayer (see http://teamfu.freeshell.org/replayer.html) to paste the summary in, and then add comments (any line beginning with << is treated as a comment).

I play mostly at the $100+9 and $200+15 level now (some $50+5) and would love to do this. We could even use the Party poker hand converter to discuss hands that we might disagree about in the forum.

Any takers feel free to reply to this message or PM me.
Old 03-11-2004, 11:39 AM

Default Re: Who would like to exchange NLHE SNG tournament summaries?

By the way, to give some suggestion about my playing ability, I have played 58 $100+9 SNGs since the beginning of February --- the results from PokerTracker:
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
Place count
1 12
2 4
3 9
4 4
5 5
6 7
7 9
8 6
9 1
10 1
</pre><hr />

average finish: 4.48
ROI: 42%

Before that I mostly played $50+5 tourneys averaging about a 30% ROI over several hundred tourneys.

My results in $200+15 are not so good --- I have played 29 of those since February 1, and I'm only slightly positive there.

Obviously, there is room for improvement, but I am at a level that I can give constructive advice as well as take it.
Old 03-11-2004, 11:56 AM

Default Re: Who would like to exchange NLHE SNG tournament summaries?

I'd be willing to do a little of this, but I'm paying my dues at $33 right now, and I don't think comparisons between $109 and $33 are very meaningful. Different number of chips, different opposition, different good decisions. I've been calling more and seem to be winning more as a result. That would probably be a very bad idea at $109.

I started fresh on 3/1 and I'm keeping a running log of my results here:

http://rwa.homelinux.net/poker/33.htm

eastbay