Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 03:50 AM

Default Re: the truth

[ QUOTE ]
It's kind of hard to ignore posts when they are constantly at the top of the NV&G forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then he should be asking the moderator to go back to chronological threads. There is nothing in the terms of use about "bumping".

[ QUOTE ]
Thomasem shows bad form. He has gone beyond what anyone in their right mind would consider funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may be in my left mind but I still find him amusing.

[ QUOTE ]
Well, unfortunately you can't kick someone's ass over the net. Asking the moderator to get rid of the annoyance is the best you can do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not much for pissing matches either. The whole thing is sophmoric (sp?). There is still one thing I carry over from childhood though - nobody likes a RAT.

[ QUOTE ]
He only wants threads that are malicious in nature towards him to be deleted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again - he can ignore them. It's an internet forum - TT is not his neighbor spewing insults across their yards.

Like I said I thnk he has low self-esteem of is super self-concious.

But hey I may not be thinking clearly as I am getting depressed from staring at literally 6 feet of snow in the yard.

Take Care,

Orange
Old 02-03-2004, 03:57 AM

Now that he has outright named me in this thread (via his posted PM request to Mike Haven

For goodness sakes, you don't even know you're doing it do you?

Lori
Old 02-03-2004, 08:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He started two threads on consecutive days that did nothing but make direct attacks against me. He also made no fewer than eight posts in threads started by others in which he made rude and inappropriate references regarding me. In fact, at the time I wrote to Mat, ten out of thomastem's previous twelve posts were personally critical towards me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't read any of these threads, but I can not see being critical towards someone alone is a reason to ban, so what specifically did he say that you feel is warranting them to be deleted?
Old 02-03-2004, 08:52 AM

i'm glad Cyndie hasn't reported critical posts to Mat or there would only be her and Jim left in the Zoo
Old 02-03-2004, 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

i'm glad Cyndie hasn't reported critical posts to Mat or there would only be her and Jim left in the Zoo

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, Cyndie would be gone too lol
Old 02-03-2004, 09:03 AM

Homer, very good commentary. I disagree with some of it but that does not take away from it's value in the least.

I have told Thomas in previous threads that he takes things too far. He never responds but that's ok. I am rather new to the board and I don't expect much response to anything I have to say. This thread however points out just what I mean.

Thomas attempt to "raise the ire" of his fans to add pressure to the mod is what is in bad form here. Once again, he takes it too far. Hutz is not getting Thomas "partially banned" at all. Hutz simply asked to have what he considered negative posts removed. The mod made the decision to ask Thomas to refrain from posting such topics at the risk of being banned. Thomas feels that this is an abridgement of his rights as a free thinker and concludes that his only solution is to take it "to the masses". Too far again IMO. Wouldn't a better solution be to simply not get involved in an exchange with someone that you do not like?

I have nothing against Thomas or his posts. At best they are mildly amusing and at worst easy to ignore. He has his own brand of "humor" and that is fine. Professional comics have little to fear but I agree with him that an effort to lighten up the boards other than the Zoo occasionally is not a bad thing. Poker is after all, a game.

I also don't entirely disagree with Orange who said that Hutz really ought to think about getting a life. This is an internet message board for God's sake. Lighten up just a little. Your goal was met and the offending posts are gone. Bully for you! I have read some of the shots you and Thomas have taken at each other over the months and you bring a bit of guilt to the table as well. If Thomas has a tendency to take things too far, I believe that you should bear some of the burden for a certain penchant for goading him into it. You and a few others would prefer that Thomas not even go into the SS forum. Well, that is wrong as there is valuable information there that almost certainly helps to improve his and all of our games.

Bottom line. I think the mod made the correct decision. This doesn't even come close to censorship. His job is to try to control the direction of the forum without overburdening us with restrictions. This was a minor decision and an easy one to make.

This is, of course, just my opinion. I could be wrong.

Old 02-03-2004, 09:15 AM

Default Re: Furthermore...

I never said anything about you, Ryan. Like you noted, you and I have never crossed paths on here in either a good or a bad way. Think about it -- would I send a PM to thomastem about you or anyone else after what he's done? I don't think so.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:57 AM

Default Excellent post

I'm completely agree. And the funny thing is, pretty much no one sees the numerous posts that get deleted so there is no little or no evidence to support Hutz's argument so everyone just jumps on him.
Old 02-03-2004, 02:15 PM

Default Follow up

I wanted to follow up saying I'm not here to just support hutz, but more to counteract the ridiculous one-sidedness (is that a word?) of the responses on this board. We all know that there is no way TT is innocent in this venture. And I'm sure Hutz was overzealous in his reports to the moderator. Both parties have legitimate complaints. Hutz not to have inane crap posted about him in a derogatory or personal matter and TT to be able to post bizarre things in places its welcome (here) without having every OT post reported to the moderator.

In closing, I believe Mat's instruction to keep quiet on this crap and stop airing their dirty laundry is the best idea I've heard about the whole thing.
Old 02-03-2004, 02:57 PM

Default Re: Follow up

Thanks for your support. It's clear I need to clarify again, however, that the only "report" I made to Mat was what I posted in my original message above and that the only threads of which I complained were the ones wherein thomastem made derogatory remarks about me. As you noted, nobody can confirm this and, thus, many appear unwilling to believe me, because the offending posts were immediately removed. I did not, and never have, notify Mat of any off-topic, "critter," or other posts by thomastem. While I'm no fan of those posts, I haven't asked to have them removed or for any action to be taken against thomastem for posting them.
Closed Thread