Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 07:50 PM

Default BB with K9.

Villain is 18/7/1,6

Party Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(8 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Hero calls.

The reason I call this with a mediocre hand is that basically, every hand he decides to play that haven't been opened, he will open with a bet so he can do this with whatever hand he likes to play so my K may be good.

Flop: (4.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Gotta test the water and he fires back. Ok, I call and check the turn unless it hits me to see what his turn reaction is. Will give me a clear view of where I am in this hand.

Turn: (4.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

He is still betting and with my image of being aggressive, I think he thinks I am weak here (which I actually am) but I decide to call again since he is aggressive when he plays a hand and can have a lower pair aswell as a K.

River: (6.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Ok the river makes me confident that he prolly don't have a K and I go out and fire.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB.

My own comments:
Check/Raise the turn would give me a better view of where I am in this hand in case that K wouldn't have come on the river. Perhaps a 3-bet on the turn? Nah, I think a call there is good. Other than that I can't see anything I should have done different. Please note that vs other opponents I throw this hand away preflop.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:53 PM

Default Re: BB with K9.

Your read is quite loose relative to his tight stats.

A check-raise on the flop wouldn't suck.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:56 PM

I fold preflop.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is 18/7/1,6

The reason I call this with a mediocre hand is that basically, every hand he decides to play that haven't been opened, he will open with a bet so he can do this with whatever hand he likes to play so my K may be good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even though villain is open-raising from middle position (which is the correct thing to do), he's not that loose. I would let this go preflop unless you can tell me something specific about his postflop play.

[ QUOTE ]
Gotta test the water and he fires back. Ok, I call and check the turn unless it hits me to see what his turn reaction is. Will give me a clear view of where I am in this hand.

He is still betting and with my image of being aggressive, I think he thinks I am weak here (which I actually am) but I decide to call again since he is aggressive when he plays a hand and can have a lower pair aswell as a K.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee... that's such a clear view of where you are.