Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 01:27 AM

Default ING Direct

I've been seeing plenty of talk about ING direct. Checking out their website it looks like they have some pretty good rates for savings and CDs. Can anyone tell me anything about their experiences? Reliable, trustworthy?

Also, I found this tidbit on their site: "You don't have to switch your bank." I'm not quite sure what that means exactly. Anyone got some info for me?
Old 07-27-2005, 01:34 AM

Default Re: ING Direct

i was looking into opening an account here. anyone wanna refer me so we can get a bonus? im not sure how that works, but pm me if you so desire.

rj
Old 07-27-2005, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i was looking into opening an account here. anyone wanna refer me so we can get a bonus? im not sure how that works, but pm me if you so desire.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

PM'd.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been seeing plenty of talk about ING direct. Checking out their website it looks like they have some pretty good rates for savings and CDs. Can anyone tell me anything about their experiences? Reliable, trustworthy?

Also, I found this tidbit on their site: "You don't have to switch your bank." I'm not quite sure what that means exactly. Anyone got some info for me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, reliable, trustworthy, FDIC insured. It's essentially a bank savings account. You need an account at a B&M bank to fund it from. (There's been a bunch of talk about hooking it to Neteller, but I haven't been following it.)
Old 07-27-2005, 03:10 AM

Have a look at emmigrant direct (http://www.emigrantdirect.com/).

It is the same as ing and has an APR of 3.5%. It is my understanding that ing is at 3.15%. Small difference, but might as well go with the higher % since they offer the same services.

I have a emmigrant direct "americas savings" account and it is very easy to use.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, reliable, trustworthy, FDIC insured. It's essentially a bank savings account. You need an account at a B&M bank to fund it from. (There's been a bunch of talk about hooking it to Neteller, but I haven't been following it.)

[/ QUOTE ]

You need an existing account to fund it...but this does not have to be with a B&M bank.

Acme
Old 07-27-2005, 07:54 AM

How can one get a bonus, as mentioned above, and what is the bonus? If this is possible, someone please PM me as well as I was also thinking about opening an account.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How can one get a bonus, as mentioned above, and what is the bonus? If this is possible, someone please PM me as well as I was also thinking about opening an account.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you sign up via a referral, you will get $25 free placed into your account...the person that refers you gets $10 free.

I'll let someone else get the referral bonus...

Acme
Old 07-27-2005, 08:38 AM

If you go to fatwallet.com and search the forums there is a code from TaxCut Deluxe which gives you a $50 rebate.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:39 AM

ING Direct is online only. You can transfer money in and out to your regular bank account.

I have been doing business with them for over 3 years. It is a very reputable brick and mortar bank in Europe.

I have my mortage with them. When I did my closing the agent from the closing company told me he never seen a mortgage with such low fees and such a great rate in her career.

You may find other online bank with better rates but those vary with time, ING is consitently good and they offer perfect service. Look at Bankrate.com for rate comparison.