Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2005, 06:01 AM

Default another one, non-nut low draw

I read my HH from a session yesterday and I found this hand. I said to myself, this must be horrible play. Is there any value to betting the flop here like I did?
Also, had I checked on the flop and it was checked through, whats your turn action if checked to?

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Omaha/8 (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB folds.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

River: (2.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 2.50 BB
Old 07-25-2005, 10:31 AM

Default Re: another one, non-nut low draw

[ QUOTE ]
Is there any value to betting the flop here like I did?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're prepared to fold to a reraise there is. A feeler bet may just chase off a weak flush and you've got a little strength with a wheel draw that may counterfeit a good low hand. Nut flush or set may come over the top, boat almost certainly will, but even if they don't it'll help clarify the action on the turn.

Once it was checked on the turn I'd probably have felt safe to represent the boat (and hoping they'll read the turn as a missed checkraise) and pushed on the river (again, prepared to fold.) They're showing nothing but weakness, you might as well take a stab at it.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, had I checked on the flop and it was checked through, whats your turn action if checked to?

[/ QUOTE ]

No action all the way? Don't even have to look at the hand for that one... I'd bet at it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-25-2005, 10:31 AM

Default Re: another one, non-nut low draw

Ok this is different.

You are representing a 2...most likely A 2. The problem is...you have neither.

And...the cutoff has a 2, he just doesn't have any kicker.

Since you fired once, I'd probably fire again on the turn. You do have outs to the straight, but if he calls, I think you need to give up and check/fold the river unimproved or check call if the straight comes.

I wouldn't have bet that flop.

Dave