Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 05:23 PM

Default flopped flush faces flop agression

Ive only been at table for about 20-30 hands and haven't seen anything outrageous. (P.S.- I am transitioning moving from 50 to 100)
PP 100NL 6MAX
Hero is Button w/ Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and $115
MP1 (Villain) $65
UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls, SB calls .5, BB raises to $2.5, UTG calls $1.5, MP1 calls $1.5, Hero calls $1.5, SB calls $1.5.
pot~ $10
Flop: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB bets $1, BB folds, UTG folds, MP1 raises to $5, Hero?
Hero ends up raising to $15, SB folds, BB raises all in $63.

What makes this play...higher/lower flush, maybe a set? Should i not raise his flop raise? It seems that any A or K of clubs is raising that 1 flop bet so i need to charge him to draw. But after he pushes i have to give him credit for a flush. Are smaller flushes making this same play often enough for it to be profitable those times when he has A or K flush?
Old 10-23-2005, 05:27 PM

Default Re: flopped flush faces flop agression

Insta-call. It's most the baby flushes/sets that push, because they want discourage draws and take the pot right there. The A or K flushes want to extract more carefully.
Old 10-23-2005, 05:30 PM

You won't just be facing a flush here, you'll also be facing a Set, two pair, or even TPTK who wish to protect their hand since its unlikely anyone hit the 3% chance to flop a flush.

I had a hand earlier, battle of the blinds. I was SB and opponent was BB and I held 45 of diamonds.

Flop came: AK10 Diamonds

I potted, he potted, I pushed, he called with 93 of diamonds and took it.

And tilt began.

It's pretty hard to fold that, and perhaps not even profitable to fold it. Maybe just call and get stacked if you were unlucky.
Old 10-23-2005, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
since its unlikely anyone hit the 3% chance to flop a flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is retarded.
Old 10-23-2005, 05:35 PM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...&fpart=all
Old 10-23-2005, 05:35 PM

Thanks. He actually turned over K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for a higher flush but i feel like there are enough smaller flushes that make the same play that it is still profitable to call.

I just feel like i am very delusional with flushes sometimes in that i always feel that a flush is the nuts on a non-paired board regardless of whether its 78s or AKs. I think this is a leak in my game and i am trying to assess more clearly these flush-over flush ocurrences.
I t
Old 10-23-2005, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ive only been at table for about 20-30 hands and haven't seen anything outrageous. (P.S.- I am transitioning moving from 50 to 100)
PP 100NL 6MAX
Hero is Button w/ Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and $115
MP1 (Villain) $65
UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls, SB calls .5, BB raises to $2.5, UTG calls $1.5, MP1 calls $1.5, Hero calls $1.5, SB calls $1.5.
pot~ $10
Flop: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB bets $1, BB folds, UTG folds, MP1 raises to $5, Hero?
Hero ends up raising to $15, SB folds, BB raises all in $63.

What makes this play...higher/lower flush, maybe a set? Should i not raise his flop raise? It seems that any A or K of clubs is raising that 1 flop bet so i need to charge him to draw. But after he pushes i have to give him credit for a flush. Are smaller flushes making this same play often enough for it to be profitable those times when he has A or K flush?

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no way you can fold, the re-draw alone has equity against a higher flush.
Old 10-23-2005, 05:52 PM

I dont see why people on this board seem to think that 2 pair makes moves like this on a flop with all clubs. If you make this move with 2 pair you are an idiot IMO. Stop underestimating your opponents, they do this with a set, flush or draw to nut flush.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:16 PM

Most players at 100 NL are idiots.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:18 PM

one card to a straight flush gives you equity against a made hand?