Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2004, 11:23 AM

Default Question for GamingClub guy

What do you think about this proposed legislation that would make it more difficult (or just maybe heaven forbid impossible) for US players to play online poker?

Has your site thought of any alternative ways to let players make their deposits easily if we are no longer allowed to link a checking account to Neteller?

Are you or any other site taking any efforts to fight this proposed legislation? Or offering any alternatives, like at least getting 'games of skill' legalized like in California.

I'm sure we'd all be interested in hearing what you and your site thinks about this issue. Thanks.
Old 10-02-2004, 11:35 AM

Default Re: Question for GamingClub guy

Has your site thought of any alternative ways to let players make their deposits easily if we are no longer allowed to link a checking account to Neteller?

i'm certainly not answering for TGC guy, but i think TGC has something called click2pay which is a german NETeller type service. i know they take credit cards, but i don't know if the credit cards are coded as gaming. i'm looking forward to a response here too.
Old 10-02-2004, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

i'm certainly not answering for TGC guy, but i think TGC has something called click2pay which is a german NETeller type service. i know they take credit cards, but i don't know if the credit cards are coded as gaming. i'm looking forward to a response here too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm interested as well. Also, wouldn't ePassport appear to be a viable option?
Old 10-06-2004, 12:23 PM

Bump..(if i may be so bold..)
Old 10-06-2004, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What do you think about this proposed legislation that would make it more difficult (or just maybe heaven forbid impossible) for US players to play online poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

Every year we watch with bated breath to see whether or not the latest attempt at prohibition is going to pass. This has been going on since about 1997, with no success yet – every year it dies before the end of the session or else gets held over. Of course that’s no guarantee that it won’t pass this year, so of course the continued progress of the Bill (it passed thru the House Financial Services Committee last week) does concern us somewhat.

That said, we don’t think that it is likely that it will ever be possible to prevent US players from playing online poker. Simply put, this is a demand-led industry, and as such ways will always be found to supply that demand, regardless of the obstacles that are put in the way.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As Granny points out, there are other user-friendly alternatives out there. Click2Pay (www.Click2Pay.com) is one, and it does offer you the option of funding your account with either a credit card or via ACH (direct bank transfer). We are finding Click2Pay to be very popular and very effective for the players who use it.

Various other options are listed on our website and in-software pages, although admittedly most of them are not as convenient as Neteller. We do have additional alternatives in development and / or reserve in case any of the existing options cease to be effective.

[ QUOTE ]

Are you or any other site taking any efforts to fight this proposed legislation? Or offering any alternatives, like at least getting 'games of skill' legalized like in California.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, we are involved in various efforts to influence the legislative process, with our obvious preference being to halt the legislation altogether. As much as we’d love to give you a full run-down of all our efforts, to do so wouldn’t be appropriate in light of the sensitive stage that most of these initiatives are at. Suffice to say that substantial time and expense is being committed on our part as well as by numerous other companies in the industry.

Hope we’ve answered your questions. Anything else, just holler.