Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2005, 01:33 PM

Default how hard is it to earn 5000 Golden Palace Poker \"Action Points\"

...playing anywhere from 1/2 to 5/10 HE?

I want the free table top from pokersource, but I don't want to waste too much time trying to get it...

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks,

Rhone
Old 02-26-2005, 01:50 PM

Default Re: how hard is it to earn 5000 Golden Palace Poker \"Action Points\"

5000 action points is $50 of cash rake which is directly attributed to you in a contributed pot.

if a total of 4 people see the flop and the hand and the pot ends up being $20 with a $1 rake, then each player would get 25 action points. and since you need to actually contribute to the pot to earn points (blinds count), then only about 1/3 of the hands you are dealt will work towards clearing the bonus.

clearing it at $1/2 limit would take a while (believe me I've tried it). $5/10 should be fairly breezy assuming that a maximum of 300 action points per hand is distributed, like Doyle's Room does.

just bear in mind that you're only getting 80% bonus rakeback at GP on your way towards the PSO swag.
Old 02-26-2005, 02:38 PM

its really not bad. at 1/2 full ring you have to play quite a bit, but if you play shorthanded it will fly by. I mostly played .50-1 and 1-2, 2 or 3 handed and found it very easy to clear
Old 02-26-2005, 02:49 PM

I have another 7K Action Points to clear for GP's last bonus which was the "noel" bonus offered around xmas time.

When I first joined the site 2 years I racked up like 100K AP's playing $1-2,$2-4 NLHE over a month or two.I had never played much NL at the time..Did well in all small limit,nl games.I ended up busting out on my intial deposit of a $1000 playing $2-4 NL but I had a whole lot of AP's which I used toward Freerolls that probably netted me $500 over the next 6 months...hah

fastest way if you play LHE obviously is to play heads-up or shorthanded higher than $1-2 or just play higher if you can afford it and not jepardize your br-AP's really accumulate fast if you play above small stakes!

I made a post about GP's noel /xmas bonus and the thread died on the spot.VC/GP/Tribeca skins are underated rooms in terms of good games.Management are idiots thu.Once PokerTracker works w/GP the room could take off but dont tell the dumb ass arrogant cs guys at GP that.They still like to treat their poker players like dirt.Games are good thu during UK peak times..
Old 02-26-2005, 07:20 PM

I've done most of the PSO promotions and this one took me the longest by far. I played mostly 1/2 and a little 2/4. I would only do this if you haven't done some of the easier ones first.