Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 06:38 PM

Default AQ hand...heavy flop action and i fold...

no real reads on the players. table as a whole is definitely tighter than party.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (7 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, MP2 checks.

River: (7 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB
Old 10-11-2005, 07:26 PM

Default Re: AQ hand...heavy flop action and i fold...

I hate this hand.

I think in real time I call the flop, but looking at the action on the flop, folding while the pot is still reasonably small has to be correct. What does SB cap with here?
Old 10-11-2005, 07:29 PM

I might get stubborn on the flop and cold-call MP2's 3-bet and SB's cap. I can see why you folded, though. Sure, a flush draw is possible, but AK for MP2 and a set for SB (or a hand like A8) are real concerns. They do both seem to love their hands.

If I somehow could see in advance how the action would go after I folded, then I'd hang around, but I don't think the turn is going to check through all that often.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:40 PM

Really? I think the SB check was an attempted check raise, or am I wrong?
Old 10-11-2005, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Really? I think the SB check was an attempted check raise, or am I wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

It might've been. Maybe he had AJ or something and improved on the turn.

Another thought is that he had a flush draw he was pumping and then checked in order to draw more cheaply on the turn.

Or maybe his objective on the flop was to get heads-up with what he suspected was just MP2's optimistically played pocket pair. And maybe, having accomplished that objective, SB decided to slow down and get to showdown cheaply.

I don't know. I don't think SB's turn check is very easy to interpret. But my thinking though was that since he did check the turn, and then MP2 also checked, getting to showdown might've been cheaper than it appeared it was going to be during the flop action.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think in real time I call the flop, but looking at the action on the flop, folding while the pot is still reasonably small has to be correct. What does SB cap with here?

[/ QUOTE ]