Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-25-2005, 08:45 PM

Default KK HU overpair, lots of action NL100 (6max)

so, i've played a few hundred hands at this table, the SB has been there the entire time. he is playing something like 45/20/2, and is stuck for about 400. The rest of the table has been playing fairly passively before the flop, and i've been limping almost all of my hands, mostly in the hope that i'll limp a monster, and get heads up against the SB. If he had not kept reloading, I probably would have left the table. however, over the past hour or so, i had noticed him tightening up post flop a bit, and playing smarter. i'm fairly certain this is the first time i'd seen him bet call, and then bet, 3bet when heads up. certainly the first time against me. taking all this into account, does a fold here make me way too weak?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Hero ($544.40)
MP ($169.42)
Button ($76.60)
SB ($120.45)
BB ($101.23)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Hero calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $1, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($4) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $4</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, Button folds, SB calls $4.

Turn: ($20) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $20</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $111.45 (All-In)</font>, Hero ????
Old 12-25-2005, 08:53 PM

Default Re: KK HU overpair, lots of action NL100 (6max)

wow, first off raise preflop to $3 minimum and this hand will play out vastly different. Since how you played it I would fold and most likley see 22,66, or 86s.
Old 12-25-2005, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so, i've played a few hundred hands at this table, the SB has been there the entire time. he is playing something like 45/20/2, and is stuck for about 400. The rest of the table has been playing fairly passively before the flop, and i've been limping almost all of my hands, mostly in the hope that i'll limp a monster, and get heads up against the SB. If he had not kept reloading, I probably would have left the table. however, over the past hour or so, i had noticed him tightening up post flop a bit, and playing smarter. i'm fairly certain this is the first time i'd seen him bet call, and then bet, 3bet when heads up. certainly the first time against me. taking all this into account, does a fold here make me way too weak?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Hero ($544.40)
MP ($169.42)
Button ($76.60)
SB ($120.45)
BB ($101.23)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Hero calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $1, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($4) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $4</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, Button folds, SB calls $4.

Turn: ($20) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $20</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $111.45 (All-In)</font>, Hero ????

[/ QUOTE ]

1) if the table is passive there's no point in limping (since the only logical reason for it is to try to limp-reraise.

2) KK is not a monster on it's own (if you said you wanted to flop a set and trap the sb against a hand he can't read that's different)

3) min-raising that flop is really bad, specially after limping KK

4) don't call that push, no way, not ever
Old 12-26-2005, 01:07 AM

Fold. Since there was no PFR, SB could have any two. The way you played this hand, he has to seriously think you might of hit a set, but he doesnt care. I'd expect to see 75 for the straight here, but at the very least, a set or two pair.
Old 12-26-2005, 01:42 AM

I think you have to fold. It looks alot like 57 to me. I have no idea why you would want to limp KK 5-handed at a passiveish table.