Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2005, 06:07 AM

Default Analyze my play on this 1/2 PP hand

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP1 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (12.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB
Old 06-26-2005, 06:11 AM

Default Re: Analyze my play on this 1/2 PP hand

Read on BB?
Old 06-26-2005, 06:11 AM

This hand is pretty interesting with no reads. I guess I'll get the ball rolling here....

2) His check/raise on the flop shows weakness
1) Raise preflop

Brad
Old 06-26-2005, 06:15 AM

Looks fine altho I would have slowed down a bit on the turn after the capped flop
Old 06-26-2005, 06:26 AM

BB was very loose (48 VPIP) and I raised the turn cuz I picked up flush draw.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:16 AM

i would have popped him again on the river. If he has QQ he would raise the turn. Cant see how the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] helps him.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:29 AM

I raise the river too. It looks like he's playing AK, AQ or something like that. He clearly doesn't want other people coming along in the hand so he blows the field away with a check-raise.

I'd raise the turn even without the flush draw. He's unlikely to have a T. So yeah, fire again on the river.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:22 AM

I have no idea what's going on in this hand, to be honest.

So . . . most likely BB checked the flop either because he missed (or mostly did) or because he flopped an absolute monster. Once he checkraises, well, the monster is something to worry about. That said, you do have trips, and I'm not ready to assume BB has QQ. In any event, if BB is thinking about protecting his hand, then his checkraise could show weakness, like Shill mentions.

When BB finally slows down again when you raise the turn, I start getting optimistic. The amount of action he's been willing to put in so far concerns me a bit, though. I'm hoping he has AA or KK or something and doesn't know he's in trouble.

I'd think about raising the river, but like I said, I don't really know what's going on. So I can see just calling. If BB's goal was to take a very confusing line, then it worked on me.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:22 AM

people at 1/2 know how to protect their hand?
Old 06-26-2005, 11:20 AM

Is there a specific question? Guess not. Any reads? Again, guess not.

Ok, for starters raise preflop. If 3-bet, call.

When he raises the flop, he COULD have, IMO, AA/KK/QQ/JJ/99/AT/KT/QT/JT/KQ/KJ, suited where appropriate. A lot of these you have beat.

When he caps the flop and bets out the turn, but then calls your raise, I figger you can throw out QQ/QT (why stop there?).

When he re-opens on the river, I say he's got a strong pocket pair, a strong queen, a stronger ten than yours, or he made his straight with KJ. Since you beat most of these hands, you either call or raise; if you think he'll just call a raise, then raise. If he'll re-pop you with a stronger hand, or fold a weaker hand, call. Oh, right, unknown Villan...call.

Looks good.