Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 12-14-2005, 06:36 PM

Default Re: the rating girls posts are getting really ridiculous guys

I won't?

I'm pretty sure I just said I would.

I don't think those types of threads have any merit in WPT. If you want to oggle chicks (and lord knows I do) I think OOT is fine, but I think the standards in terms of what's considered "NSFW" should be a lot higher in the other forums.

If we all agree that I'm wrong, I'll reconsider, and obviously if Dynasty thinks otherwise I wouldn't. However, I just don't see how 2p2 benefits from a thread like that.

(and yes, as a mod I'm a total meta-nit).
Old 12-14-2005, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I won't?

I'm pretty sure I just said I would.

I don't think those types of threads have any merit in WPT. If you want to oggle chicks (and lord knows I do) I think OOT is fine, but I think the standards in terms of what's considered "NSFW" should be a lot higher in the other forums.

If we all agree that I'm wrong, I'll reconsider, and obviously if Dynasty thinks otherwise I wouldn't. However, I just don't see how 2p2 benefits from a thread like that.

(and yes, as a mod I'm a total meta-nit).

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the hits on the WPT thread it's pretty obvious it does in fact benefit 2+2. I think you are ignoring this because you have a complex about defending women. And yes, if you are doing your job properly you wouldn't delete such a thread. FWIW, if it isn't acceptable in OOT because it's poker content WPT is the right place for it. However, if you just can't stand to have it in your wittle forum moving it to OOT is a much better idea than deleting it.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:53 AM

Dude,

The vast majority people in WPT (and especially in a thread like that) have no idea how to play poker, they're not exactly buying the books. (yes, the generate hits which lead to add revenue, blah blah blah). I don't think that the "omg hot chix" demographic is key to the 2p2 empire.

I would hope that the discussion in this forum is above projecting goofy complexes onto people. Worry less about people's motives and just address their arguments.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, just look at the Shana Hiatt Playboy Photos thread in WPT. With nearly 2,000,000 views, how much traffic do you think that that alone has brought to this site?

[/ QUOTE ]

Use your head. It doesn't really have 2 million views.

That thread went from 30,000 to 2,000,000 in a day. A handful of posters found a way to jack up the #'s. I'm not sure of the tecniqure. But, I'm guessing it wasn't just a matter of hitting the refresh button. That happened quite a while ago (at least six months).
Old 12-15-2005, 11:09 PM

1 30k views is nothing to sneeze at, 2, it has a ton of replies and has always been very popular.