more than $10,000 10 15.63%
$7,500-$10,000 7 10.94%
$5,000-$7,500 6 9.38%
$2,500-$5,000 26 40.63%
$1,000-$2,500 10 15.63%
less than $1,000 5 7.81%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2005, 07:35 PM

Default Re: Which Star Wars Character was the best?

[ QUOTE ]
the question was which character is the best. Anakin has to be considered since he nailed natalie portman, but in the end it can only be Yoda.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are ASSUMING none of the others nailed Padme'. I believe it is common knowledge that Mace Windu gave her the "O" face.

LLL
Old 12-12-2005, 07:45 PM

I'm sure this has been said a dozen times already, but Han Solo. Without him the first movies would hardly be watchable for people older than 10 (I'm not sure the second three are watchable by people older than 7). (Your text and title are all out of whack, so I am answer the question your title asks.)
Old 12-12-2005, 08:48 PM

I'm guessing that if you were to restrict the poll to voters 25 and over, Vader would win in a walk.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of the bringing balance to the force prophecy...why didn't they just kill the kid when they found him? He's supposed to bring balance to the force. We currently have dozens of Jedis and one or two Siths. Let's see, what would bring balance to this situation? Hmmmm.... oh [censored] it, who knows, let's just train the kid and make him really powerful.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the common misconception of the Force, that the Force is a duality - possessing both light and dark sides. This stems from Western civilization's philosophy. Lucas, however, drew a lot from Eastern civilization when he created the Force. The Force is one, possessing neither light nor dark. The "dark side", which the Sith utilize, is like a cancer to the Force that acts on it from the outside. Their use of the Force, through hate, anger, and fear is not natural and quite harmful. The Sith have to be destroyed to restore balance to the Force.

To keep this on topic, I voted for Sidious when he's the Emperor in RotJ. He was just badass and had such great line delievery.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:30 PM

How could this ever be considered a star wars poll without adding Billy Dee, I mean Lando Calrisian to the poll.

By far one of the most complex characters, sells out Han, then decides to bail and go back to save Luke, goes undercover in Jaba's crew, then almost gets eaten by that hole in the desert, then he single handedly DESTROYS the [censored] DEATH STAR.

This thread sucks.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:29 PM

Where is the comment "How is vader not winning", so i can quote it. I really don't think this is even close.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where is the comment "How is vader not winning", so i can quote it. I really don't think this is even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both Mace Windu and Obi Wan could handle Vader. Windu had Sidious beaten and was going for the kill when Anakin turned to the Dark Side. Even Voda fought Sidious to a draw.

Vader never defeated Obi Wan in any battle. Obi Wan became one with the Force to deny Vader a chance to kill him. Of course, at the time he was what, a 50 year man vs a 38 year Vader?
Old 12-12-2005, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Both Mace Windu and Obi Wan could handle Vader. Windu had Sidious beaten and was going for the kill when Anakin turned to the Dark Side. Even Voda fought Sidious to a draw.

Vader never defeated Obi Wan in any battle. Obi Wan became one with the Force to deny Vader a chance to kill him. Of course, at the time he was what, a 50 year man vs a 38 year Vader?

[/ QUOTE ]

Black suit > all. Most of those chickens you listed don't even use force lightning or crush windpipes!
Old 12-12-2005, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Black suit > all. Most of those chickens you listed don't even use force lightning or crush windpipes!

[/ QUOTE ]

Windu handled the Force Lightning and gave Sidious a new face with something more interesting than the Force choke. That and the purple light saber and badassmuthaf....... wallet trump all.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:46 AM

And it isn't even close...