Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 12-12-2005, 02:19 PM

Default the rating girls posts are getting really ridiculous guys

Here's a post: page

All this thread is is "here's a bunch of pictures of naked models. rate them on a scale."

There's not a shortage of such posts right now.

These aren't girls that someone's dating, or girls that are in the news, or whatever, it's just "here's some pictures of naked women because i'm a 20 year old college student and isn't that cool?" (with 20 being an upper bound here.)

I think this is really beyond the acceptable. I think that the "I asked a question so now I need to include a picture of a hot nude/seminude girl" "rule" that many of the posters in OOT seem to still be rolling with is similarly totally unacceptable.

It's not my forum and it's not my domain, but I think that this needs to be thought over far more than FF3 avatars taht look like green twisted swasticas in the mirror.

citanul
Old 12-12-2005, 02:36 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: the rating girls posts are getting really ridiculous guys

what about it is unacceptable?
Old 12-12-2005, 02:42 PM

Hot chick threads have been in OOT for as long as I've been reading it. I agree that polls asking for ratings are stupid, but that's primarily because polls are stupid until proven otherwise. Are you getting up in arms over the ratings, or over the posting of pictures?
Old 12-12-2005, 04:01 PM

It sounds like OOT is not the place for you.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:02 PM

To complain about a post marked "NSFW", which includes links rather than photos, on an adults-only site, in a forum noted for its ribald posts, seems incredible to me.

There are worse photos, (or better, depending on your perspective), in the UK's daily national newspapers.

With the prominent warning, the content of the post, and your seemingly prudish view on such matters, it surprises me greatly that you opened the links to see what you should be protecting others' eyes from seeing.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:23 PM

The only issue I take is that posting pictures of hot women, which aren't hard to locate on the internet, seems to be a way to earn a pass to not be an idiot in OOT, which I'm not sure I can support.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:01 PM

vetoed
Old 12-12-2005, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
vetoed

[/ QUOTE ]

ah well, my attempt at a point while having humor wasn't received very well i guess.

dids hits on the main thrust of what i actually believe, which is htat if you're going to be all hard nosed about banning morons, starting by banning people who add nothing beyond 5 googled hot women is a good way to go.

w.r.t. the hot women and avatars, i couldn't possibly care less personally, but if the admins want to keep this place woman friendly it seems like a duh move.

c
Old 12-13-2005, 12:48 AM

2+2 is in business to sell books and advertising. Poker is very popular with the 18-30 year old men that appreciate the girl pictures. Sex sells! Why chase them off when that is a very large target market.

As for women being offended - there are about thirty other forums they can frequent. One trip into oot and they can avoid that forum or frequent if they like. They will know what they are getting into if they go back.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2005, 02:34 AM

I have determined that there is no way to keep oot entirely friendly to women. Young men hate women. I think this is very close to being factual statement. What I would love to see, however, is a "woman's forum" Do you guys think we have enough females on this site to pull it off? Men could participate, but the whole thing would be moderated by females who could discriminate against males at their own whim. As far as I know we only have 5 females regularly participating: felicia, mrs. npa, mslif, katey seagull, and gorey.