Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 05:57 PM

Default Re: Bellagio restaraunts??

The food at Jasmine is good, but not worth the price IMO. The view is beautiful, though.

On the other hand, Delmonico (Emeril's steakhouse) is well worth leaving the building.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
renodoc,

Michael Mina and Olives are imo way overpriced for what you get. All of the other nice restaurants are great (I've been to about half, have had friends go to the others).

[/ QUOTE ]

Concur with this post.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:12 AM

Prime Steakhouse is also great. Obviously it is pricey, and your average entree will cost maybe $10 more than at a place like Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, but it was very good. While I am not sure I'd be willing to try some of the expensive gourmet-style restaurants they have, Prime Steakhouse is definitely worthwhile.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:49 AM

Sensi (Spa Tower walkway) is a nice space where you can get a solid semi-casual meal, and they're open for lunch.

http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=67657

I've never seen anything on twoplustwo relating to egullet, so if this is your introduction, have fun. I use it to make dining decisions wherever I go.

I get a dessert from Jean Philippe every time I'm in town.

http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=59798
Old 12-12-2005, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
renodoc,

Michael Mina and Olives are imo way overpriced for what you get. All of the other nice restaurants are great (I've been to about half, have had friends go to the others).

[/ QUOTE ]

Just saw this for the first time El D. What about Olives didn't you like? I'm a fan of Tod English's managerial and business savvy... but I haven't eaten here yet.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2005, 01:18 PM

Beautiful room too.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Comments? We were going to do Emerils, but why should we have to leave the building?

[/ QUOTE ]

To go over to Wynn's. For lunch at some place over there I had sautéed baby clams and some over-priced pasta dish and some racy dessert. I never remember the name of these fancy establishments. I was waited on by a hot, slutty, big-titted whore; adding just the right amount of spicy ambience to my meal.

Always keep moving. You learn more that way.

-Zeno
Old 12-12-2005, 03:32 PM

TT,

I went to Olives in NYC. There was nothing specifically wrong, per se, but the food just seemed a little boring and not the level of deliciousness I expect when paying that much money. Service was fine, but again, not quite the level I expect from that kind of restaurant. Overall, it was just an OK dining experience. I did see Stuart Scott there, though. BOOYAH!!
Old 12-12-2005, 03:43 PM

El D,

Did you punch Stu Scott in the face when you saw him? When people are trying to separate you guys, you could say you were just trying to make a matching creepy lazy eye, just for symmetry's sake. People would surely understand.

With deep hatred (Yep! Yep!),

Sucker
Old 12-12-2005, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TT,

I went to Olives in NYC. There was nothing specifically wrong, per se, but the food just seemed a little boring and not the level of deliciousness I expect when paying that much money. Service was fine, but again, not quite the level I expect from that kind of restaurant. Overall, it was just an OK dining experience. I did see Stuart Scott there, though. BOOYAH!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Tod has opening a place in the new Ceasers Walk in AC, I think the grand opening is in March (vague memory). I was counting on it to be the one mainstay for me since although the food is good in some AC restaurants, its never great (steak houses do not count for gourmet meals). Hmm... yet another reason to stay home and play online [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]