Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2005, 08:08 PM

Default Palm Springs Advice?

I'm going to be in Palm Springs for an afternoon in a couple weeks and wondered if anyone had any recommendations. I assume Morongo is the best place to play there (unless someone knows something to the contrary).

I am currently beating 1-2 limit online for 2.5BB/100 after around 6K hands (haven't taken any shots at 2-4) - what is a comparable quality of play limit there for a Saturday afternoon/evening? Like most B&M, I suspect that the rake will eat all your profits at smallest limits.

Also, how's the play at $100 NL?
Old 11-20-2005, 08:54 PM

Default Re: Palm Springs Advice?

Morongo is a very nice place to play. If you are beating 1-2 online you can beat any game in that room(6-12 is the biggest)...I would suggest you play in their 3-6 kill game there, its good. They have a 2-4 also if you dont want to play 3-6. They also have a 100NL with 1-3 blinds that is usually soft as hell. There are a lot of old people who play there, make sure you sit at their table and you will easily be the best at the table. No offense to old people, they just suck at poker. Make sure you also go to the A&W there....soooooo tasty. I am hopefully going friday, it should be awesome.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:05 PM

ya and lots of bad college kids (although I fit the profile).. they play there is terrible I was at 2-4 once and the guy next to me rebought 8 times for 20 each haha
Old 11-21-2005, 04:38 PM

Thanks - anyone know what the rake is there? Do they also take out for a jackpot?