Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2003, 04:07 AM

Default glen meets Glenn. . .

So I'm taking an orbit off from my 15 game at Bellagio, and I drift out to the tournamnet area. I'm sweating the end of a one-table pot limit sattelite. It's heads-up and one guy pushes in at the wrong time (he had Q3o and his opponent had AQs), and the guy rivered a three. Glenn and I look at one another with painful grimaces and he asked, "Hey, are you Glen? (I guess the description of my hair was accurate. . .)
So, I left my game and we went to the bar and chatted for several hours about the interent poker world, while I bought a few too many seven dollar bottles of beer and we got approached by several "entertainers" (since it was from like 1 a.m. to 5 a.m.) who seemed amused by our serious poker discussion before they asked me if we were leaving soon, and I awkwardly brushed them off. We talked about hands, how internet poker has hurt our live games, how cool snakehead and zee are, etc. . . it was a good time, hope to keep in touch. . .
I'll try to write a trip report soon. . .