Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 08:39 PM

Default loose betters

I noticed that at the micro limits(50-1.00--1-2) that there are some players who seem to play nearly every hand and bet the flop nearly everytime. this seems to be the players who present the most problems for me because I feel there running over me and others as well. I know in long run they get killed but what is the best strategy against such players??
Old 12-19-2005, 08:44 PM

Default Re: loose betters

let them slit their own throats, and then enjoy drinking their blood
Old 12-19-2005, 08:46 PM

On weak/tight tables with rake/bonus whores. This strategy is +EV. You will notice however, that they don't play as many hands as you think. Their presence is just a lot more apparent.

True
Old 12-19-2005, 08:55 PM

wait until you have any hand and take their money either by the rope a dope or gradually 1 sb at a time. Remember that you aren't responsible for putting them in line. You are only 1/5 responsible so don't take on all the responsibility yourself.

No need to wait for tp either, feel free to isolate with any piece of the board or overs, but be sure to into consideration your position when you do this
Old 12-19-2005, 09:00 PM

Make sure you get a good read before you play back though, such as how they respond to counter-aggression or how far they carry their agression. It becomes much easier if you could spot another pattern in addition to betting the flop every time.