Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2005, 09:41 PM

Default Gametime+ vs Playerview

I'm just starting to use this software, and I'm deciding between the two. I dl'ed Gametime, and it works fine. It's a bit unwieldy to have to manually open tables, is there any other way to do this? Can it do it automtically?

Playerview (the trial) does not work that well for me, I think it is going better now though. For me I just get a jumble of #'s in the top left corner (what are these?) and a pop up over the player's ID box.

I'm not sure about plunking down the money for playerview, is it worth it if GT works?
Old 06-15-2005, 01:20 AM

Default Re: Gametime+ vs Playerview

Try looking at the table config for PV. You can arrange a wide variety of stats in any matter you please.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:03 PM

You can also go to the PV site and download the sample layouts they have. Save the pvi file and import it on the layout configuration menu. Later you can customize it to your liking.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:12 PM

I am with you on the negative side of manually adding tables. It is a real chore when you have 4+ open, and you are hunting for new good tables. I have also been bitten by forgetting to change your observed player to yourself after you join a table, and having the stats show wrong/old data (this is my own fault of course, but it still won't happen with automatic tracking of all tables).

While I like GT+ and I respect the amount of work that Kevin has put into it, I can't think of any reason why GT+ would still not have automatic tracking of open tables when other applications due have this feature. Hopefully, now that he is releasing new revisions again it will be coming soon, or someone will take the open source code and run with it.

You may want to try PokerAce's new application and see how you like it. I have used it for about 4000 hands now and I really like it for 6-max play. I don't play full ring so I don't know how it works for them. It has basically all the player stats that I most, but lacks the table averages. It is pretty stable and does not seem to hog the resources at all on my computer.

Dave
Old 06-15-2005, 03:26 PM

Thanks for the recommendation. Keep in mind the next release will have some table averages. I'm planning on getting that out some time this evening.

You can find info on the app in this thread. Please read the entire thing:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...o=&fpart=1
Old 06-15-2005, 07:24 PM

Man I love GT+. Sure u have to manually open tables but it takes me 2 seconds to do...either way its an absolutly solid program...not only that it works on the sites I play at now...Pokerstars, Absolute, UB.

I hate Party's software, as such, I barely play there, hence Playerview is useless to me.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:06 AM

Here are the Pros of each:

Gametime+: works on non-party sites
Playerview: automatic detection, completely customizable, way more stats, color ranges
Playerstats: Like playerview, but free. On the minus side, it has no graphical layout manager, making it (very) difficult to tweak the layout to your liking, especially if you are anal. Therefore I plonked down the cash for PlayerView [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Also doesn't have the "showdown cards" feature of PlayerView, which is nice, but not a huge deal.