Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2005, 06:55 PM

Default Duplicate cashouts?

So *ahem* a friend of mine recently cashed out from Starluck, back to his Neteller account. A small amount, $150ish. After a few days of not seeing it in Neteller, he contacted Starluck support, who told him that due to problems with Neteller two weekends ago a check was sent in the mail instead.

"Well, darn," he thought, "but there's nothing I can do about it now."

To his surprise two days later (last Thursday-ish), a $150ish deposit from ezEcash showed up in his Neteller account. "That's odd. They must've stopped the check or something; or perhaps, being the same support that Party is famous for, they never cut the check in the first place."

He was even more surprised when a check for $150ish showed up in his mail yesterday. He doesn't have the $150ish in his Neteller account any more, either, as he used it to deposit for bonuses over the weekend.

So, he's got a few options:
1) Tear the check up, end of story
2) Contact Starluck support and try to see what they suggest, if they even understand the circumstances given that he can only speak English
3) Put enough money back in his NT account to cover the reversal of the deposit, and then cash the check
4) Cash the check and wait to see if Starluck contacts him

He asked me to bring this question to the degenerate gamblers here. Any suggestions for my, uh, friend? He expects #4 to be the popular answer, and isn't particularly ethical, but has no desire to be in bad standing with the same people who have indirect access to the majority of his poker money through Party and skins.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:30 PM

Default Re: Duplicate cashouts?

they probably already canceled that check if they credited you electronically
Old 05-24-2005, 08:05 PM

Default Re: Duplicate cashouts?

4) Cash the check and wait to see if Starluck contacts him

I would tell him to go with that one.
That way his bank hits him with a fee when the Starluck check bounces because it is stopped. He will probably get hit with another fee because his current balance doesn't cover the $150 plus first fee.
So he should end up owing the bank maybe $200.
Go for it.