Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2005, 05:11 PM

Default check out my 22

hmmmm.... i think i played this one a little too fast, and think i may have made a mistake. reads on villains are pretty much neither has been here for more than 25 hands. notes on villain in mp say "overplays hands, super fish" so that made me happy. i guess im just wondering about my flop play. do i just smooth call the raise and try and bring the other villain along on this drawless board or just take the one who obviously likes his hand.

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.50 BB (6 handed) converter

SB ($20.20)
BB ($25.40)
UTG ($40.30)
MP ($17.70)
CO ($6.10)
Hero ($98.40)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.70) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $1.30</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $5.6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $19.80</font>, BB folds, MP folds.

Final Pot: $28.40
Old 07-25-2005, 05:16 PM

Default Re: check out my 22

I like calling here and raising the turn. I feel like your hand is too obvious. You aren't going to limp on the button with 25,59, or 29, so they aren't going to put you on 2 pair. Furthermore, if you have an overpair then you're most likely going to raise p/f on the button with it, so they're not going to put you on an overpair. Thus, 22 or 55 seems pretty obvious based on how you played this, which allows MP to easily get away from his hand.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:29 PM

absolutely horribly played. Couple of observations that i've got in general on the bad ssnl players. The guy that led at that flop will almost always call the raise from MP. Nobody gives proper respect to an overcall. If I saw button overcall here after it's been bet and then raised, sirens would be going off in my head....but the average ssnl donk doesn't even consider that, you didn't raise so you don't have a hand is what he's thinking. That being said, I think if you flat call its very likely that BB calls the raise. Now MP has initiative and he HAS to bet that turn....You could try flat calling the turn to get the BB all in or you could try raising the turn to at least force MP to be allin because at that point he'll almost have to call. Given the size of their stacks, I think you should have played this slower because you can virtually force them to call all in on the turn...really don't like your line given their stack sizes. If they were deeper your line is the the best chance to get someone all in, but they aren't deep.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:31 PM

Why are you in a rush to get the money in?

Just call and raise the turn.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:36 PM

yeah this is what i thought after i played the hand, i had to punch myself in the stomach for just taking the bird in the hand like an idiot. i have just become so accustomed to playing sets fast that i didn't take a moment to look at the flop texture.