Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2005, 10:05 PM

Default Trying to be as cool as Entity and SinCityGuy goes horribly awry

After the recent posts by Entity and SinCityGuy, I figured that I would go forth do likewise, should the situation ever arise. I had never encountered such a situation before since I usually try to get looser tables, but Party this afternoon/early evening was awfully tight.

Anyway, I post in the CO, and so does another guy in MP3. No reads, naturally, except I could tell that the table in general was pretty tight.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of $0.5. Hero posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, MP3 (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>...

Folded to MP3, and he apparently doesn't like his hand very much, open-checking and all. I raise, thinking that if I can't fold everyone, I can try to pick it up with a bet on the flop. There's an extra SB in the pot, too, meaning it only has to work 1 in 4 or 5 or so times.

... Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="blue">Hero??? </font>

Well, crap. That was approximately the worst that could possibly happen. Two callers, and ye olde post/open-check/reraise. Has anyone encountered that before? One thing is for sure, and that's that MP3 is an idiot. Either he has AA/KK and was risking giving up some serious value by not raising the first time, or he 3bet out of spite with more garbage. Who gives it up right here? Who calls getting 9.5:1 (presumably 11.5:1) hoping for the miracle flop? I was stumped.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:10 PM

Default Re: Trying to be as cool as Entity and SinCityGuy goes horribly awry

So you got caught stealing. It happens. Call the extra SB and then get ready to check/turbomuck the flop. Of course, you never know...

I've seen a post-reraise before. If I remember the guy had some Axo junk hand. Its likely you don't have a read on MP3, but make sure if Button or BB takes his hand to showdown that you make a note for next time.