Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you use playerview/GT+?
yes 29 82.86%
no 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-29-2005, 03:19 PM

Default Re: anyones girlfriend play poker?

[ QUOTE ]

Same here, thats why I posted this.. but her reason is not so much the poker, as the gambling. She would have no problem whatsoever with me playing poker all the time, if I wasn't gambling. I don't get the problem with that, though, I mean I'm a strong winning player and make more playing poker a month than I do at my part time job (still in school).

[/ QUOTE ]

same here. except for that last part. i make more from a job but would have a hard time w/o the poker supplemental income.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:29 PM

on our long flight out to the cruise I brought a deck of cards and showed my GF that 2-pair beats 1-pair....and that 3-of-a-kind beats 2-pair.
She was pretty bored after that.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:30 PM

My girlfriend likes card games alot, but is slightly against gambling... intrinsically it's only a minor problem, but she's deathly afraid of putting her own money on the line, or even mine, in a game she's not that good at.

On the other side of the coin, we often play heads up seven-stud matches, at her suggestion, but the chips don't represent money [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2005, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We actuall had a date where we talked about the fundamental theorom or poker for a large portion of dinner.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's awesome. maybe not entirely healthy, but whatever.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:26 PM

She doesn't play. But because she watches me play a lot she thinks she understands the game. And she understands some things, like good starting hands.

Also she'll sit there and say, you're beaten--fold. Why aren't you folding? What are you doing? Somehow telling her, "well yes, obviously I'm beaten, except once every 5 or six times in this situation the obvious isn't true and I'm still ahead and there are 12 frigging BB's in the pot..." doesn't work. She goes Ha! told you so! When the guy flips over the winner.

Also I think maaybe she gets checking now. So when she says you have nothing! Fold! And I check instead and she gives me a hard time she's just kidding. I think.

So she gives me a hard time about wanting to play on my account and I say, well sure but lets go over some important concepts first and then start you off on .02/.04 or maybe nickel dime and she says "you don't trust me" pout pout. Which is all fun and games until we have a big fight and she drags out..."...And you won't let me play poker because you don't trust me and think I'm stupid!!!"

Sigh. Come to think of it I'm going to make her learn poker.

And the above bitching aside...she's actually been very supportive of my playing.

--Zetack
Old 03-29-2005, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone here have a girlfriend?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a wife she wont let me have a girlfriend. Puritan.

[/ QUOTE ]
Mine is that way too [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Poker I just don't play with her anymore, I simply decline. She is ahead 3-1 in HU matches and completely unreadable. Her valuebets are bluffs in my book...
Old 03-29-2005, 07:02 PM

My husband and I both play and we both make some money. It's nice we now always have something to talk about.
But when we both lose we start to compete whose bad beat is worse, that's not fun.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:29 PM

Mine will remember what a flush is (she calls it "colors" instead of flush) but only for a few minutes, then she will have to relearn again or she will mistake it for a straight. Why does that make her sexy? I don't know.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:01 PM

lol it prolly just makes her sexy because you see her trying.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:52 PM

My wife plays......