Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 03:28 PM

Default a 10/20 hand i butchered

CO(poster) is 47/28 over 600+ hands
he likes to alternately donk every street or try for the massive slowplay--one of those "fish" that own me pretty often.

Anyways I was confused by this hand

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $10.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO (poster) raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

River: (7.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.75 BB
Old 11-03-2005, 03:31 PM

Default Re: a 10/20 hand i butchred

I'm confused too but I think I cap the river.

Krishan
Old 11-03-2005, 03:32 PM

obviously I'm not routinely 3-betting QJo but against a guy who raises 28% and just posted to my right thats about the best case scenario for this questionable move.

I'm mostly interested in feedback on how and where you feel I screwed this up postflop.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:33 PM

I think I might raise the flop as well.

Krishan
Old 11-03-2005, 03:36 PM

I don't like the pf 3bet much, it's too thin IMO, especially because it seems like you don't have too solid of a handle on villains postflop tendencies.

Flop + turn are good.

River is tough... there's no way he puts you on a hand as strong as a straight, and he has discounted flushes from your holding when you check through the turn(if he's thinking that much)...so he may be 3betting you here with as little as a big Ace. He didn't cap preflop so AQ-AK and maybe AJ are pretty unlikely, so that leaves AT we beat, A9 beats us, and a rivered A8 which we also beat. I can't figure many other hands with a 9 in them that he plays this way. A flush is a possiblity(but would he raise a FD on the flop?) as is TT/88. Weird hand...i'd probably just call because his hand range is so nebulous I can't be confident in being ahead more than 50%.

Surf
Old 11-03-2005, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I might raise the flop as well.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]
If he isn't the type to routinely 3bet - which it sounds like he's not - then I think I raise the flop as well. If he donks with air/draws a lot, I fire on any non-heart turn as well. Good?

EDIT: That last bit sounds like, "If he folds to flop raises and turn follows, then I'd raise the flop and bet the turn!" I guess what I meant to ask was if the only info you had was the stats and that he seems to donk a lot of flops (but who knows with what, just lots of donking), do you expect to see enough folds/draws to justify risking the c/r or putting in more when behind, or should you generally take a free card?
Old 11-03-2005, 04:23 PM

Default Re: a 10/20 hand i butchered

After your preflop 3-bet that turn A is just begging to be bet. Other than an 8 or K, the Ah is the absolute best card for you. What were you thinking!?
Old 11-03-2005, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After your preflop 3-bet that turn A is just begging to be bet. Other than an 8 or K, the Ah is the absolute best card for you. What were you thinking!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, that didn't occur to me.

Surf
Old 11-03-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good Question!