Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 01:12 AM

Default Weakest Players? .25/.50?

After playing a bunch of tournaments and playing some .50/1 I decided to try some .25/.50 NL on PokerStars. My results have been really poor thus far, after beating the .10/.25 game and the .50/1 NL when I played that occasionally on a different site.

A few times now I've pushed with straights on the turn only to be called by four of the same suit and got nailed by a flush card on the river to lose a 60+ dollar pot.

Should I try to avoid these type of games with now a $600 dollar bankroll?

I've raised to 3 dollars preflop only to have all five players call me.

This may sound like a complaint post, and it could be interpreted that way, but I'm really honest.

Do you see this level as the ultra amateur level? When I was building my bankroll at .10/.25 NL the people seemed to play tighter.

Is the .25/.50 NL blinds where the maniancs that have to see every flop live and the .10/25 NL where the weak-tight players play?

There seems to be a better quality of players at .50/1 NL by a wide margin, to me anyway.

Correct?
Old 09-07-2005, 01:35 AM

Default Re: Weakest Players? .25/.50?

I don't even know what to say. If I were you I would be exhilarated as I just found a fish pond. But you are not happy because the game is too loose and players are too weak too amateurish. Are you serious?
Old 09-07-2005, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't even know what to say. If I were you I would be exhilarated as I just found a fish pond. But you are not happy because the game is too loose and players are too weak too amateurish. Are you serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

All the fish are taking each other out and I'm slowly forced to give away 3 dollars per raise.

You would be happy with 5 callers with pocket jacks or queens, when you raise 5 or 6x the big blind?
Old 09-07-2005, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All the fish are taking each other out and I'm slowly forced to give away 3 dollars per raise.

You would be happy with 5 callers with pocket jacks or queens, when you raise 5 or 6x the big blind?

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO
Old 09-07-2005, 01:50 AM

I find that just going all-in will give me one fish dude to call. I will lose 20% of these hands to the flush draw but so what. If the pot is big enough and you'll get the occasional mistake of a caller, it's a win/win for you. IMO of course.

PS Point being if I'm gonna get multiple callers, I rather only have one caller for the same pot size and a higher win rate.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:10 AM

If every game you get into is filled with fish, you should be making money, not complaining. I wish I had such problems.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:49 AM

How unfortunate, having to play against such bad players. You clearly should play against much better players, where you will be able to make more money. The better your opponents, the more money you make, that's the way it works.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
After playing a bunch of tournaments and playing some .50/1 I decided to try some .25/.50 NL on PokerStars. My results have been really poor thus far, after beating the .10/.25 game and the .50/1 NL when I played that occasionally on a different site.

A few times now I've pushed with straights on the turn only to be called by four of the same suit and got nailed by a flush card on the river to lose a 60+ dollar pot.

Should I try to avoid these type of games with now a $600 dollar bankroll?

I've raised to 3 dollars preflop only to have all five players call me.

This may sound like a complaint post, and it could be interpreted that way, but I'm really honest.

Do you see this level as the ultra amateur level? When I was building my bankroll at .10/.25 NL the people seemed to play tighter.

Is the .25/.50 NL blinds where the maniancs that have to see every flop live and the .10/25 NL where the weak-tight players play?

There seems to be a better quality of players at .50/1 NL by a wide margin, to me anyway.

Correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting 5 callers when you bet with a premium hand is great, why are you complaining? People drawing to their flushes no matter the odds you give them? They might as well be giving you their money. Yet you sound like it's a bad thing. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-07-2005, 03:20 AM

Since I cashed out my roll I've been playing .25/.50. I don't play NL just ring. I started playing at .50/1 so this is new for me. These players are awful. It's not uncommon for me to find a table full of them. Yeah, sometimes there are one or two TAGs but generally players are busting out right and left. And yes, some nights there's a "schooling effect" but this game is very beatable.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:50 AM

So you guys are happy with a bunch of people calling 5x the big blind raises with K 8 and A 3 when you have QQ and JJ. I make a continuation bet and then I get re-raised 4 dollars and, looking at 2 overcards, have to lay down.

I prefer better players to play with, yes. I've lost huge pots when I pushed the turns with trips only to be rivered by the nut flush draw who didn't have any pot odds at all to go all in.