Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2005, 12:36 AM

Default Online advice? What do you guys think..

I started out playing online about 3-4 months ago with $50 and built up to a pretty good amount of money... normally I wouldnt say how much (some people call u liars.. sometimes it just seems like you're bragging, etc) but I would like advice on if I should be upping my limits or not. I built the $50 to $10,000.

I just got over a pretty big losing streak which was very stressful and a shot to my confidence but ive gotten that back and been doing pretty good. I play only $100 NL tables on euro (for a rakeback deal) and now I do just the $30 SnGs because during my losing streak I was losing so many $100 SnGs I had to step back down to regain confidence. I was considering just bonus whoring for a bit to see if I can build up some more money or was also considering maybe I should grab my balls and just up the stakes a little bit.

I just don't like the idea of hitting another losing streak because they are a horrible feeling.. to be losing money you earned. Basically what im asking is.. does anyone think it would be profitable to bonus whore for a while... or if you were me would you have up'd the stakes already. I have friends who "manned" up, played the $1000 and made about 4k in a week... I just would hate to catch a bad beat at that table. Maybe I should just stick with what ive been doing for a little while longer and see where it goes. But at times I feel like im wasting my time and "grinding it out" when I could be making money alot faster.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:38 AM

Default Re: Online advice? What do you guys think..

how did you go from $50 to $10,000 in 3 months. That is incredible.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's either a lie, or someone played way above his bankroll and ran like [censored] crazy.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:48 AM

Jesus christ guys, i really wasnt posting here to be called a liar, if you think im lying fine, that doesnt change the question im here looking for help on.... what would you do with a bank roll of 10k... is bonus whoring a viable option... am i playing high enough stakes? That's all im asking for. I know what i've done and in how long so why would I lie online to people I don't know, only to get off line and realize I just made a worthless post that was a lie... it just doesn't add up.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jesus christ guys, i really wasnt posting here to be called a liar, if you think im lying fine, that doesnt change the question im here looking for help on.... what would you do with a bank roll of 10k... is bonus whoring a viable option... am i playing high enough stakes? That's all im asking for. I know what i've done and in how long so why would I lie online to people I don't know, only to get off line and realize I just made a worthless post that was a lie... it just doesn't add up.

[/ QUOTE ]

there's absolutely no way you made 200x your initial bankroll in 3 months
1. without bonuswhoring like a madman
2. not knowing if you are a winning player
3. not know if you are playing the "correct" stakes
Old 06-16-2005, 01:57 AM

First off, if losing upsets you to any large extent,you're probably not going to be succesful at that limit. Additionally, you should probably realize that you've just hit a run of incredibly good luck.

Secondly, going from 50 to 10k is possible. I went from 100 to 4,000 in about the same amount of time playing LHE. And really, it's not like we're professionals. So, it's not really playing above a bankroll.

I'm still debating the truthfulness of this post though. 10k is just too round a number and the OP doesn't mention any previous playing experience.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
... it just doesn't add up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. let me run some numbers...

ok, done

old troll 82%
new troll 12%
bragging luckbox with no chance of being +ev 2%
average silly player on a run 3.6%
prodigy .4%

The numbers never lie.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's either a lie, or someone played way above his bankroll and ran like [censored] crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

false

i have ran 100 bucks from april 1 to over 7k right now playing .5/1 - 2/4 (with a lot of bonus whoring of course)

i could have easily doubled that with more playing
Old 06-16-2005, 02:20 AM

dont listen to these guys. they are being retarded. its very possible to run $50 into 10k within 3 months, but most likely with alot of necessary luck.

you could have entered into a $10MTT and cashed in for $300 and then doubled up a few times in NL and played small stakes with a fantastic winrate. its unlikely that this was your path but it may have been.

even if you got lucky to start and decided to jump into a 30/60 game with hardly any money you are coming to the forum to get a grasp for bankroll management and limit your risk of ruin. there is nothing shameful about that.

with 10k, you could play up to 10/20 limit or possibly even 1k no limit. it really depends on how good you are or actually think you are. if you arent that good but are fast on your toes you could 8table 2/4 and make $50-$100/hr no problem with minimal risk of ruin and low swings. buy 2 21" crts off ebay for $100 each.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:33 AM

"not knowing if you are a winning player
3. not know if you are playing the "correct" stakes"

When did I say I didnn't know if I was a winning player? And about stakes I know I could probably afford to play higher but all I was asking is if its probably better to play it more cautious and slower.

Just because a person has not jumped through hoops to give you a break down of how they won that much does not mean they are lying. I won two multi table tournaments and grinded the rest away 4 tabling $100 NL and playing $100 SnGs if you must know.

And no im not trolling, I actually came here during my losing streak looking for advice on my strategy and seeking suggestions in the past. These are the 2+2 forums correct? With as many good players as there are here im sure others have made much more and will tell you that it isnt exactly like turning water into wine.