Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2005, 03:54 PM

Default Re: What is the best sleeping schedule?

[ QUOTE ]
look up the uberman sleep schedual

[/ QUOTE ]

Uberman's Sleep Schedule

This is extremely interesting and I am strongly considering trying this out over the summer.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:28 PM

My favorite sleep schedule is whenever the heck I want until whenever the heck I want. Like others, this puts me on a 5-6am - 1-2pm sleep schedule, and that suits me just fine.

But I might be in the minority. I enjoy having a few hours each night of almost total solitude--I can read, play poker, play games or whatever else I want almost completely free of distractions. Also, unlike others, I've never in my entire life been able to function properly on a schedule that has me regularly waking up before 10am. And believe me, I've tried.
Old 06-10-2005, 05:49 PM

I'm pretty much the same, except I have one-off events that force me up in the morning which leaves me with a lot of days where everything seem's like you're recovering from jetlag.

also, the lack of social life is (somewhat) compensated by irc an oot, which obv. is a bad thing..
Old 06-10-2005, 06:28 PM

Burt Reynold say get 8 hours of sleep a night. Burt Reynold like sleeping with the ladies. Burt Reynold like a good fist fight before heading off to bed.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:29 PM

Pretty weak gimmick account there boy. Squeal like a pig.

Swede
Old 06-10-2005, 06:34 PM

????
Old 06-10-2005, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
????

[/ QUOTE ]

I imagine the first time you have heard of Burt was in the remake of The Longest Yard.

He was in this little know movie called Deliverance, also.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:22 PM

Where's the Turd Ferguson gimmick account?
Old 06-10-2005, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My favorite sleep schedule is whenever the heck I want until whenever the heck I want. Like others, this puts me on a 5-6am - 1-2pm sleep schedule, and that suits me just fine.

But I might be in the minority. I enjoy having a few hours each night of almost total solitude--I can read, play poker, play games or whatever else I want almost completely free of distractions. Also, unlike others, I've never in my entire life been able to function properly on a schedule that has me regularly waking up before 10am. And believe me, I've tried.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very hard for me, too. It's definitely affected my working life.

I get a huge burst of energy around 8 p.m., and it's probably my highest energy point for the day, another at around 11 p.m., and another at 2 a.m.. No matter how much sleep I've gotten or how it's distributed I almost never feel anywhere near as energetic as I do at those times, and all of those make it hard to get to sleep. I'm just a natural night-owl in a world built for day-owls ... or whatever.

I can almost always easily stay up until at least 4 a.m., but despite many years of having a normal schedule enforced by work, I've rarely had much energy at all during the day, whether it's been at work or school.

Melatonin can help reset the biological clock, and can even make you a little sleepy all by itself. Taking it one hour before bedtime is supposed to be the way to use it. I've got some, but often I'm so energetic that taking it an hour before an idealized sleep time would be ridiculous -- I have very little confidence in being able to suddenly shut down between 11 and midnight, which is where I normally get a big burst of energy.

When my time is my own, I generally become a total night owl, sleeping during the day and waking dring the late or mid afternoon.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
look up the uberman sleep schedual

[/ QUOTE ]

Uberman's Sleep Schedule

This is extremely interesting and I am strongly considering trying this out over the summer.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you do, I'd love to hear how it's going, how you feel, etc. Please tell OOT [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]