Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-28-2005, 06:40 PM

Default My day with Arnold (long, pictures)

This is purely a brag post about my dad. I know its pretty personal and maybe a bit wierd to share with OOT, but I have to show these pictures off, so I'll explain the situation first.

My dad has worked for Arnold as the Chief Deputy Director of the Finance Department since he first got elected. It was a cool job, but its been his dream to have the Director position for quite a while now. He finally got the call and he got sworn in last tuesday. Being the Director of Cali's Finance Department is a pretty big deal, and its very strange to think of my father, who is rooted in the Blue Collar world, as the guy that's in charge of Cali's $. This is budget season, so he's got this huge press conference on the 10th, and I'm sure it will be surreal to see him on TV, although recently he was plastered in the LA Times, SF Chronicle and some others.

Anyways, he brought the family to his swearing in and I got a couple really cool pictures and a story that I will tell for the rest of my life. I've been lifting a lot lately and its visible. When my dad introduced me to the Governor, Arnold shook my hand, took a step back, got this wierd look on his face while looking me up and down and said, I swear to God, "wow, you're looking very pumped up!" Unreal. The [censored] Terminator told me I looked pumped up. It felt like it was a Hanz & Franz skit. My GF is going to hear this story 5000 times in the course of our lives, and it really doesn't help my already large ego.

Anyways, I finally opened up a Photobucket account. Hope these links work. I'm the taller of the two sons. And yes, that's the sword from Conan the Barbarian. My brother has a picture of the Governor holding it while handing it to me, but I haven't got that one online yet.

Oh, I think the best part of the whole thing was hearing the Governor talk about my dad for like 5 minutes. He was saying some pretty heavy stuff. Actually said that his first budget would have been a disaster without my dad and that my dad has probably been his biggest asset during his Governorship. My dad has been to my graduation from the Academy and subsequent commissioning, flew to Texas to celebrate my getting selected for jets, was there for my winging ceremony, and brought my brother to the front steps of West Point. It was unbelievable for us to be able to see this happen in his life and return his enthusiasm and pride in us. Pretty amazing stuff. Brag over. Pictures:

-Jihad
Terrible picture of me, but the whole family and Him.
I heart Uncle Ronnie
The Sword
I have no idea what my mom is doing here
The Governor suggested we take this picture. Seriously.
My dad.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:46 PM

Default Re: My day with Arnold (long, pictures)

Jihad-

Congrats to your Dad, and it sounds like you had a great day!

But, please...please...please tell me you were able to walk out with the Conan sword!
Old 12-28-2005, 06:46 PM

Awesome. I probably love Arnold a little too much for a married 30 year old man. I would be geeking out big-time if I ever had a chance to meet him.

Also, Arnold was just like "go ahead...take the sword off the wall"? By Crom!
Old 12-28-2005, 06:47 PM

Sweet, I'm part Austrian and a big AS fan. It makes me want to move to Cali.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Awesome. I probably love Arnold a little too much for a single 23 year old man. I would be geeking out big-time if I ever had a chance to meet him. He is def my hero, if there is one.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-28-2005, 06:49 PM

Yeah, Arnie is great.

I used to do lotsa weights, and the books he did were good, solid advice. And cos I was into it, I read about the other stuff he did, like have sessions with mentally and physically handicapped kids, and he'd tell of what he'd get out of it, and what they'd get out of it. I've held him in the highest esteem for 20+ years.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When my dad introduced me to the Governor, Arnold shook my hand, took a step back, got this wierd look on his face while looking me up and down and said, I swear to God, "wow, you're looking very pumped up!" Unreal. The [censored] Terminator told me I looked pumped up. It felt like it was a Hanz & Franz skit.

[/ QUOTE ]

this was certainly my favorite part. That had to be sweet as all hell.

great story and pictures. were I in your situation, though, I don't think I'd be able to restrain myself from blurting out random Predator quotes
Old 12-28-2005, 06:52 PM

No, my brother asked the setup question "is that the real sword, blah blah blah." And he very quickly just picked it up out of the case its in and handed it to my brother. Here's the case its in:

Case.

In fact, here's all the pictures. My names on the account, but I guess if you really wanted you could just figure out my dad's name from the papers, so oh well:

Album
Old 12-28-2005, 06:54 PM

whos cock is your mom rubbing in pic one?

edit: guess its your dads. all is good
Old 12-28-2005, 06:55 PM

Euro,

Yeah, that quote will be told many times. My grandkid will come in and be like "yo grampa, I just benched 400, I'm so yoked." And I'll just say "you little pecker, I used to bench 400 easy, and THE TERMINATOR SAID I WAS [censored] PUMPED UP!" Lol, I'm gonna average once a day with that story for the next 4 years.

-Jihad