Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-28-2005, 03:38 PM

Default I HATE these spots

Just sat down.
Button is about to run out of money
PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls

I have a check/raiser I have to call 2 cold, the board is paired so I could already be drawing dead, and I'm propably gonna have to put more money in to see the river. Does anyone fold this?
Old 12-28-2005, 07:26 PM

Default Re: I HATE these spots

I have tagged along for the ride and I have dropped here as well. As the button is nearly out of money here he is likely to be on tilt and screwing around with nothing, the SB is the main problem. I think I would stay with this one but even if I make my flush whether I raise a river bet or not depends on my read of the SB.

I have made my hand here and been behind to 2 boats and made it and won, but generally don't think these hands are too good for the bankroll given that we make our hand only 1:4 and then often wish we hadn't.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:10 PM

It's a tough spot, but there's too much in the pot on the turn to fold. You just gotta call along on the turn, and hopefully the river is a blank so you can easily fold [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-28-2005, 08:33 PM

since there are no reads, and button is almost out of money, he could be tilting or just a bad player that lost it. you only opponent is the SB, who could be trying to bust the button with a 5 or a straight (since the button could be a maniac). this is not dependable information, it's just speculation. i'd call it down. also serves as advertisement that you are a bad player. not sure if the river will get capped or not (when does button actually go all-in?), but if i hit, i'd donk and call a raise.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:49 PM

You just sat down have no reads and your getting 7.75 pot odds to call two cold and it might be capped. Your OOP and might be drawing dead or, highly unlikely, to the second best flush. Am I the only one here that wants to fold this?
Old 12-28-2005, 08:57 PM

not too worried about button, but with sb plugging, I'm calling and only paying one on the river if I hit my draw.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:58 PM

i don't think i am good enough to fold this. considering that this is 1/2, it's reasonable to believe that these guys are going crazy over nothing. i also believe that if we are dead, that it's good advertisement.

you could probably persuade me to fold this on a 5/10 table
Old 12-29-2005, 12:55 AM

I want to fold this since you most likely only have 6-7 outs assuming you are drawing live which you may not be. Also, it may get 4 bet by the small blind, and if you are drawing dead it will cost you at least one more bet on the river if you hit.