Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-27-2005, 12:34 AM

Default AKs Plan

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Only 1 orbit so far. Villain has cold called some raises already, so all I know is he's not good.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, MP folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.16 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero...

Plan?
Old 12-27-2005, 12:45 AM

Default Re: AKs Plan

If I don't think he has trips, I'd contemplate calling the turn &amp; folding UI. If I don't see him having AA or KK, then this may be ok. It feels like a mid PP to me.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:54 AM

I think you can call the turn and see the river card. I think your overcard outs are very very clean. Most players will slowplay trip jacks so I think you can discount that significantly. You aren't subject to reverse domination either, just in case he has something like K5 or A5. So I think you have something like 5.5 outs and with your implied odds you can see the river.

I'd only call this down without improvement if you have some sort of a read that he is tricky or a maniac.

A tricky player would like to push you off on that sort of board, knowing you probably didn't hit. However since you said he isn't very good, he probably isn't thinking on that sort of level.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:18 AM

I would calldown. Paired boards just seem to attact dumb plays from bad players and you have the nut nothing. I wouldn't fold any river card. I'm donking if I hit.