Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-21-2005, 07:26 PM

Default Damn car accidents

Make me feel better by sharing your worst accident story.
I had an unblemished driving record for 7 years until I rear-ended (insert pooper joke) my 2nd car in a year this morning. The first time I fell asleep, this time I really could not see 2 feet in front of me thanks to the sun. No major damage just a fender bender - how much does insurance typically go up for these things?
Old 12-21-2005, 07:31 PM

Default Re: Damn car accidents

I hit a drunk driver (.22) on the highway at 1AM. He then drove off. I chased him to get his plates, then went to the nearest police station. They told me to go back to the vicinity of the accident and meet the police there. On the way back I saw the [censored] stopped on the side of the road. Pulling over, I got out to confront him about driving off when I smelled the reek of booze. After telling him I would be going back to the scene of the accident, I left. As I was talking to the cops, one of them looked over my shoulder and asked if that was the car in question. I turn around, and he's puttering by at about 15, peering out the window at us. The cops pulled him over and gave him sobriety tests before hauling him off. He fell over when trying to stand on one leg, and poked himself in the eye trying to do some other sort of coordination thing.

Oh, my car was totalled, he had no insurance, and his 10-year old son was in the car with him. Good times!
Old 12-21-2005, 08:13 PM

Default Re: Damn car accidents

Hey, how'd that one thing turn out with the bank/money you found?