Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > The Stock Market

Old 12-27-2004, 03:06 PM

Default Investment/Stock Group Plans?

Hello again,

A small group of friends and I are considering starting a stock / investment group together on a college campus and I was wondering if anyone happened to have a plan for something like this. If not then your opinions / suggestions would be great!

We were thinking along the lines of:
Everyone contributes X amount of dollars and we put that into an online brokerage...we then meet up once or twice a month and everyone comes with one or two stocks they would like the group to purchase...makes a short (5 minute or so) presentation about the stock including their research and after everyones presentation we vote on which stock(s) we would like to purchase and hold for that month. Then at the next meeting we can decide to continue to hold that same stock or vote to sell etc.

Any opinions / ideas on this would be great. I was hoping to find an actual plan for something like this online as Im sure it has been done before...but I have yet to find one!

Thanks a lot!
Old 03-02-2005, 07:45 PM

Default Re: Investment/Stock Group Plans?

Here's my advice: DON'T
Sure, create an investment club and get together to discuss investments. However, i wouldn't mess with actually commingling money and pooling your investments together. I'd recommend that you folks do the investments, but not in the same account....way too much hassle.

If you must, here is a good site:
http://www.better-investing.org/