Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2005, 04:05 PM

Default Re: I made a HUGELY bad fold, should I have called down?

[ QUOTE ]
Yea, yours sucks but mine is pretty bad too. In my defense this was one of my first hands ever at 20/40, and my stats on SB from 15/30 was that he was fairly passive post flop. Little did I know he was on megatilt.

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls

[/ QUOTE ]
No flop raise?
Old 12-27-2005, 05:00 PM

Default Re: I made a HUGELY bad fold, should I have called down?

yea, it's like you wait to make your hand, then you make it, and then you fold it...it makes no sense at all.

I'm realizing that some hands you just have to show down...and that sometimes
players are, in fact raising you for big bets with a WEAKER hand then yours, even though yours
isn't that strong...

But it's so tempting to try to save 2 Big Bets by not showing down and then "patting yourself on the back" for making a "good fold."

Is there an "easy answer odds chart" or something out there to solve these call down problems...?
If not, then what's the order of precedence in deciding whether or not to call down or fold in the turn?:

1. read of opponent raising/what hand you put him on
2. strength of your holding
3. size of the pot
4. your outs

In that order?