Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-27-2005, 12:42 AM

Default Re: 10/20 KK

[ QUOTE ]
this guy is hardly an unknown if jason has 4k hands on him (logged or played with i dunno)

[/ QUOTE ]
Heh, I feel stupid [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-27-2005, 12:48 AM

not sure if you guys are being sarcastic, but main villian is unknown, sb (folds on turn) is the one with stats...
Old 12-27-2005, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What range of hands do you folks put him on when he didn't cap preflop and bet into me on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
When he 3-bets you on the turn you should be thinking more about that strength he's showing rather than why he betted the flop.

I can see your point though, why would he bet into you on the flop with JJ/77? But there isn't much of a field to blow, so he might just looked to bet/3-bet you. Also, just as you pointed out, this is a decent player you're up against, but no genius.

What hands do you think he'll 3-bet the turn with after getting raised on both the flop and turn by the pfr? You're showing great strength here. I think capping is spewing.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What range of hands do you folks put him on when he didn't cap preflop and bet into me on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

any J (AJ, KJ, QJ, JT, suited or off as appropriate - this will be a large part of his range when he bets the flop IMO), A7s, TT-88, 55, 77, and his PFR is low enough for some percentage of JJ. when he 3 bets the flop, then 3-bets our turn raise after we've screamed overpair, I think we have to refine our read despite the fact that his initial flop bet would scream weakness if it came from an ABC tight player.

EDIT: I don't mean to say this guy isn't predictable or that he's particularly tricky or tough, rather, that a lot of the 'standard' lines around here would entail betting the flop with the top pair/middle pocket pair hands and save the stronger hands for checkraises. I'm not sure who plays like that and who doesn't, but that's what I've been reading. I'm not sure if this player follows that convention as well, or if he's thought about it enough that he takes this line with a set or something as well.

edit: you don't have a read on MP1. I'll leave all this out there anyways.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No read on villain.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-27-2005, 12:53 AM

I don't have a read on the main villain in the hand guys, only on the SB.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:09 AM

Bet/3-betting the turn is a sign of immense strength normally.

I'll agree that his flop line is a little odd and defining his hand range can be quite debatable but I think you need to know that he's a total maniac before you start capping the turn with an overpair.
Old 12-27-2005, 02:27 AM

suited broadway, 55, 77, JJ is my read on him on flop when bet into. maybe AJ or KJ.

turn you throw out suited broadway, cap is only good if guy overplays tp but we dont know that.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:49 AM

I'm calling down the turn 3-bet. His line is a bit odd, but maybe he has a read on you??? That you have gone from nit to uber aggro as of late.

3betting TPTK on the turn is rather aggro for most players. I'm fairly worried about a set at this point and think that this cap is rather spewy. He didn't even blink when you smooth called his flop 3bet and then popped his turn bet.

What do you do if he bets the river? If he c/r the river?

What range are you putting him on? I agree with what was said above that it has to be around 55, 77, JJ and MAYBE QQ-AA, AKs or AJs.
Old 12-27-2005, 02:57 PM

Given the line you took, I think you need to call down after the turn 3-bet. You could be looking at JJ, 77, or less likely T9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Sure, it's tough to put someone on that exact range, but given the obvious strength you showed on the turn, and the fact that he doesn't care, is cause for slowing down here. With a read this would be easier, but I like to treat complete unknowns with some caution when they are aggro like this.

Also, I know this might be a bit weaker, but couldn't you also cap the flop and if he donks a safe turn, call down?