Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-26-2005, 10:51 PM

Default One night in Nashville

Hey all,

Mrs. Nolanfan and I are going to be in Nashville tomorrow night, before heading back to the NW on Wednesday. Having not been there before, I'd love to get recommendations on a good place to eat tomorrow night. Or a good place to get a drink.

So, I know some of you are from that area, or are familiar with it. Any suggestions are welcome, thanks.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:20 AM

Default Re: One night in Nashville

Unless there's some great demand for Nashville knowledge, I'll just PM you some stuff.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:30 AM

I'd like to know what's good in Nashville.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:04 AM

GREAT demand. My gf, best friend, and his gf, and I are going to be there for the next four days. We're moving to Nashville in March to expand our record label and so, we're taking a four-day trip out there to get the lay of the land, see some apartments, and go have a good time.

I've been there a couple times, but I've always been working, not getting a feel for what the city's like. So any and all things you could tell me about Nashville would be fantastic. Places to eat (especially the best sushi, steakhouse, mexican, and italian places), cool bars/clubs, best/worst areas of town. Any info any of you are able to impart would be wonderful. Thanks.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:51 AM

One bump.

Thanks to those who responded through PM so far.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:56 AM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.

Can we get these PMs, or a summary of what was suggested, posted to this thread? I'll be there for a couple of days next month and would like to have something in mind.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:19 AM

Good place to eat: Sunset Grill in the Hillsboro Village area, esp. if you like good wine/food pairings. There are a few places to get drinks within walking distance of Sunset. Depends on what kind of atmosphere you're looking for.

Sunset Grill Menus
Wine List
pics
Old 12-27-2005, 11:58 AM

The best that I have found,

sushi=Ru Sans, Virago

steakhouse=no great niche steakhouses. Nashville has Palm, Ruth's Chris, Morton's. I've never eaten at Nick and Rudy's, which is a steakhouse, but it has received mixed reviews.

Italian= Mario's is a really nice place downtown. Valentino's is another nice place in the downtown area, but I've never been there.

Mexican=From what I've found, Cozymel's is about the highest quality Mexican food in or around Nashville. There's a great TexMex place called San Antonio Taco Company(Satco). They are known for their queso and fajitas. I love it and go there at every opportunity. Satco has a large deck and serves beer, so it's a nice place to hang out when the weather is nice. Las Palmas is a straight-forward mexican restaurant where most everything is under $10. It's nothing exceptional, but the food is good and it's always busy, esp. at lunchtime.

Cup
Old 12-27-2005, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can we get these PMs, or a summary of what was suggested, posted to this thread? I'll be there for a couple of days next month and would like to have something in mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will do, when I get back home and have more time.

Off to check out downtown now, and get a few drinks. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 12-27-2005, 06:28 PM

Just a quick note, the area around Vanderbilt has neat-o coffee-shops and such. There's a fantastic "indie"-rock club called 12TH & PORTER which is exactly where it says.

Cheers,

--GA