Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-22-2005, 04:19 PM

Default Re: is this too weak with KK?

I raise the turn. I think you're ahead the majority of the time and even if you aren't, you have a pretty solid draw to improve. I think if villain is beating you he would have either capped the flop and led, or check-raised the turn.

The way you played it, I bet the river. He's probably afraid of the Ace that hit and is afraid to bet his lower pair.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:39 PM

I raise the turn. river is a close one for me since I"ve had people go after me before just like that with the naked ace. Usually the same type of people that will go after you with the lone ace there will checkraise that river. I mean that is just one possibility. Hand range is pretty large here. still I think you played it too weak
Old 12-22-2005, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else raise the turn for a free showdown? We've got lots of outs if behind, we're committed to showdown, and villain may not bet the river if a fourth heart comes.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it's close, but we really might get 3-bet here which would violate one of the other conditions we need to meet.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Really? What level is this? It's very rare I meet a player who'll bust out the sexy on me like this. I'll bet the river against an unknown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not betting the river is a mistake.

Krishan
Old 12-22-2005, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
5 handed. just sat down so no reads.

Preflop:
I raise K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] utg, fold to the bb who calls.

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB checks, i bet, bb raises, i 3 bet, bb calls

Turn T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB bets, i call

River A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB checks, i check

[/ QUOTE ]
I raise the turn, I see a lot of value in it. Most lone hearts, top pair, and straight draws call. I don't see why we should slow down. He could be donking to prevent a free card with his tp, or even with a flush draw himself. Pretty wide range on the turn for him.