Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 11:34 PM

Default Re: TP+OESD 3-way, min bet into me and PFR

I was waiting for you to tell me what their response was, as you most likely did what I said to. I am hoping for MP to fold, and SB to call with his pair+draw. If MP repops me (is he minraising me?) and sb calls, I may peel a card depending on odds, or I may just go away. If MP calls, and SB repops after making that minbet, I go away. If they both call, and I don't hit the turn, and SB checks, I think I check as well. I think SB will have a pair + a draw here most of the time but KJ/KT are very possible given his donk numbers, and theres really no telling what MP could have at this time. He could be min-raising with any two he felt like playing at the time.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:35 PM

I usually raise to to $16 or $20 here. I don't want to blow worse queens out completely, but I don't want them to get half the pot for free either. If you call, the third dude can call $4 as well with all sorts of crap that has some outs against you (55, T7s). He could also raise with a wide range of hands, thinking he needs to protect a hand worse than yours. While I like KQ on this board, I don't like a big pot out of position where I'm not the aggessor. A raise to $16 will give you a much better feel of what you're up against, and it will adequately protect your hand in the likely event that you're way ahead.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:37 PM

My motto...fear the minraise and ignore the minbet.

MPs minraise in 6 max. doesn't mean anthing to me. He's got 2 cards that are sooted or add up to 15+.

Minbet by SB means he has a piece or undercards or JT or something.

At this point with a nut draw, I like a raise to build pot when winning. If MP raises, we're likely calling being priced in. If MP cold calls and SB raises, we're likely priced in. Hence, the 1/2 pot bet. Spike an A and stack them already.

KK or JJ might bomb this flop after you bet but I'd expect SB to c/r not minbet - 3 bet.

Poker by the short bus crowd...sweet. Can't wait to see this one.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:38 PM

Lets settle on 20$ then, for psychological reasons if anything [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2005, 11:42 PM

OK more discussion of the OP would be great, but just for fun, here's the next installment. I was so confused that I just flat called the min bet, even though I think raising is better. MP then raised. To $10. SB called. What do I do now?
Old 12-04-2005, 11:47 PM

Well, you had your chance to pop it, now I just call here. Theres still no telling what anyone has. You would at least be getting a general idea had you raised the flop to 20.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:48 PM

At this point I'd just call, I think. I'd consider betting almost any turn card though. Except Q, J, or T I guess.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:50 PM

problem i have with a raise to 16 is that there's now 46 in the pot and only 16 to call to the third player so he's getting 3-1, and the then once it gets back to the sb (or whatever) he'll be getting 12-62 or 12-46 which are pretty good odds (esp. including implied) for them to call with.
I would make a potsized raise, and muck if raised
if called-reeval on the turn card and bet appropriately. If its pretty innocent im betting 1/2 the pot. If its scary i'm betting nothing, and if its great i'm betting 3/4 to pot.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:52 PM

As played...call the MP raise. A reraise now couldn't possibly represent a hand and I don't know anymore if I want to build the pot. Starting to look like a crappy slowplay by MP. Maybe a really poorly played set or two pair (JT b/c of the pf minraise??).
Old 12-05-2005, 12:05 AM

Obviously call and hit.