Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 10-18-2005, 05:13 PM

Default 3/6 NL-bottom set, multi-way pot

both the CO and button are decent players with "some" tricks in their bags, nothing too special though. my image was really laggy at first, i have tightened up the last 2/3 orbits.

stacks:
Hero-790
CO-805
Button-945

i am dealt black 6's i raise it to $20, C0 calls, Button calls.

flop (A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img])~69
Hero bets $50, CO calls, Button calls

turn (A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])~219
Hero checks, CO bets $90, Button raises to $290, Hero???

any thoughts?
Old 10-18-2005, 06:17 PM

Default Re: 3/6 NL-bottom set, multi-way pot

It looks like 999 or AJ. There are no draws on the board and I think a raise might get AJ to fold, or definitely consider it so I think flat calling turn and river is the best play. I think leading the turn here probably makes the hand easier to play. Id consider a fold against some players in the buttons position, but not often.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:35 PM

Most likely holdings are A9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or AJ. Longer shot that it's 99 that's scared of the backdoor draw. Auto push.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]
go
all
in
Old 10-18-2005, 11:57 PM

I don't get the turn check. I'd bet $150-ish. Were you going for a checkraise on the turn?
Old 10-19-2005, 12:09 AM

Yeah, the only reason to check this turn is to check-raise, and now's the time to do it. The raiser could very well be making a play on what appears to be weakness(the 90 into 219 and ultimately your check). Nevertheless, unless your effective stacks are very deep, I see AJ and maybe A9 calling here, and the first guy's 90 bet looks like some kind of OESD. Push, and don't second guess if they fold. results?
Old 10-19-2005, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Were you going for a checkraise on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]
yes, now i am not so confident.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:28 AM

Man.. not leading this turn really backfired here...

If you push.... I just don't see anybody calling with a worse hand very often... I think even AJ gets away clean from this one.

On the other hand... if you cold call the $290... you're still announcing the strength of your hand, only now, you're giving free cards, too. Maybe you can convince them to call a small value bet on the river... but it's gonna be pretty small.

Also, the turn brough a few draws, which somebody might be semibluffing with. (8d7d, Td9d, 9d8d or maybe Adxd from CO (looks like he might have wanted a cheap river).

All this, of course, is if we have the best hand.

How likely it is that we don't comes down to read.... but it does look like there's a good chance that button isn't as strong as he looks, here, since he raised CO's weak bet. He could easily have only two pair or something like AK/AQ here.

Next time lead the turn.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:28 AM

i intended to check raise the turn and the button's raise tells me that he doesn't want the CO or my draw out there any longer.

i just called the turn. the CO folded, and this made me almost certain the draws were out.

river was the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], so i decided it was the perfect card for a block bet...problem being that i only had $430 left. i decided to bet out $250 and he just called with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

my dilemma was obviously do i push the turn and in the end what was the correct play?
Old 10-19-2005, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

so i decided it was the perfect card for a block bet ...problem being that i only had $430 left. i decided to bet out $250

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL come on man u do know how ridiculous this sounds right? just pushin the frikkin turn.

also the way you word it it seems like u got to the river and said oh gee i only have 450 left. be aware of stack sizes on the turn, know there'sno f-in way you can legtimately block b et the river, and stick it in on the turn and hope they have draw/top two.

p.s. this guy is a tool for not shoving in the last 170.