Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 07:40 PM

Default 2/4 flop minraised.

2/4nl hand recalled from memory. Villain has $250-ish, and I cover.

I'm dealt two red queens in mid-late position, and make it 20 to go after a limper. Only the button and I see the flop of:

Ah Kh 2d

The pot is around $45-50, and I make a continuation bet of $35. Villain, who is a pretty solid regular min raises. Folding here seems so lame, but calling seems like spewing chips.

There's the obvious flush draw - and in the actual hand, I called the minraise and folded to a 2/3rd pot bet on a heart turn. I'd be more inclined to call the minraise on a flushing flop, but even at that, still feel like im wasting chips. Anyone have thoughts on playing these situations?
Old 10-16-2005, 07:43 PM

Default Re: 2/4 flop minraised.

This is a very easy fold. Given that you raised preflop, this flop must seem very scary to villain and he still raises you.

Dumle
Old 10-16-2005, 07:45 PM

Why call the flop? I fold to the miniraise almost every time. You are not beating much.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:55 PM

Yea.. you're both totally right. It's just some stupid part of me wants to call in situations like that, and two of the same suit on the flop is reason enough to talk myself into it.

It's just so hard to fold to a min-raise - i hate them [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]