Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2004, 05:33 AM

Default All-in Abuse, Party

***** Hand History for Game 494392262 *****
100/200 TourneyTexasHTGameTable (NL) (Tournament 2981925) - Thu Apr 01 07:41:25 EST 2004
Table Table 13758 (Real Money) -- Seat 2 is the button
Total number of players : 5
Seat 2: hobee (1730)
Seat 5: Dtothemofo (1920)
Seat 7: AcesHigh7 (1340)
Seat 8: DRAGNK (2360)
Seat 9: benderAJ (650)
Dtothemofo posts small blind (50)
AcesHigh7 posts big blind (100)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to AcesHigh7 [ 6d, 9h ]
DRAGNK folds.
benderAJ folds.
hobee folds.
Dtothemofo calls (50)
AcesHigh7 checks.
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 8c, 9c, 6h ]
Dtothemofo bets (150)
AcesHigh7 raises (350) to 350
Dtothemofo calls (200)
** Dealing Turn ** : [ Ks ]
Dtothemofo checks.
AcesHigh7 bets (890)
AcesHigh7 is all-In.
DRAGNK: call that
DRAGNK: u got him
DRAGNK: he's bluffin
Dtothemofo could not respond in time.(disconnected)
Dtothemofo Disconnect Protection enabled.
** Dealing River ** : [ 4s ]
Creating main pot with $900 with players Dtothemofo
Creating Side Pot 1 with $890 with AcesHigh7
** Summary **
Main Pot: 900 | Side Pot 1: 890
Board: [ 8c 9c 6h Ks 4s ]
hobee balance 1730, didn't bet (folded)
Dtothemofo balance 1470, lost 450 [ Ac 5c ] [ high card ace -- Ac,Ks,9c,8c,6h ]
AcesHigh7 balance 1790, bet 1340, collected 1790, net +450 [ 6d 9h ] [ two pairs, nines and sixes -- Ks,9h,9c,6d,6h ]
DRAGNK balance 2360, didn't bet (folded)
benderAJ balance 650, didn't bet (folded)

Yep, he totally screwed me over by disconnecting to avoid paying for his flush draw. If he hit it I'm screwed. I email party and of course get the standard reply later:

"We have investigated the history of player “Dtothemofo” thoroughly and have found that along with the hand you reported, the player has shown some sign of disconnecting at keys times. Although that might seem suspicious, the player has in fact not disconnected more than what might be normal with an unstable internet connection and the hands in which he was reported by players or the system are borderline suspicious, at best."

There was nothing wrong with his connection prior to or after this hand. This was blatant cheating.

Why won't party do something about this problem?
Old 04-02-2004, 06:06 AM

Default Re: All-in Abuse, Party

Predictably weak response from Party. Unfortunately too many sites are like this with regard to this issue.

The fact that he's been reported more than once speaks volumes. They're assuming he has an unstable internet connection. If this was the case why would you risk playing big bet poker?

As for 'more than what might be normal' I think across all the sites I've played I've been disconnected mid-hand on possibly 1 (maybe 2) occasions in 8 months or so. I find it 'funny' that most of the disconnects I see from other players always seems to be with a drawing hand when facing a raise. Perhaps Party is particularly unstable at these times.

Unfortunately I've given up believing that the majority of Poker sites will ever take this seriously. The only solution is to determine how much exposure to it you're prepared to accept and play any games above this at sites which remove the all-in protection completely. Also, make sure you make a note on every player who you see do this - at least then you can pre-warn yourself and choose not to sit down with these low-lifes.

Sheriff

PS: Did this response come from the main Party customer service people or the special alerts@partypoker.com address. If its from them then you have to ask why they bother having a 'special team' looking at this stuff.
Old 04-02-2004, 06:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PS: Did this response come from the main Party customer service people or the special alerts@partypoker.com address. If its from them then you have to ask why they bother having a 'special team' looking at this stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Sheriff, I emailed info@partypoker.com and games@partypoker.com. The response came later from alerts@partypoker.com.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:40 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

you just have to eat it this time, but take solace in the fact that they have the report on file. the next time somebody reports him, he probably won't be so lucky.
Old 04-02-2004, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you just have to eat it this time, but take solace in the fact that they have the report on file. the next time somebody reports him, he probably won't be so lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes you think that? It sounds like he'd been reported previously and still been given the benefit of the doubt.

How many 'borderline suspicious' cases does it take before Party do anything?

Any all-in abuser with half a brain (and a few of them probably have this) will have cottoned onto the fact that if they 'disconnect' themselves a few times in apparently innocent circumstances then they give the impression of having an unreliable connection so the criteria used by the sites to 'detect' this is totally flawed anyway.
Old 04-02-2004, 01:43 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

Some of the parameters we use when investigating possible protection abuse:

ý The playerýs cards at the time of disconnection.
ý The playerýs previous action (whether he was betting/raising) and also the actions of the other players at the time of disconnection.
ý The benefit obtained by a player disconnecting
ý The timing of disconnection
ý A players pattern of disconnections
ý Previous allegations made by other players and/or the system
Old 04-02-2004, 02:32 PM

Well don't I feel a whole lot better now seeing that I've never seen action taken again a player I've reported and every multi-table event I've ever played at Party seems to involve at least 3 suspicious disconnects.

As for looking at 'the benefit obtained by a player disconnecting' that would imply that the instances where they don't manage to draw out successfully are considered less serious, as in the case above.

Keep trying to convince me that this is taken seriously if you want. In the meantime I'll stick with my notes.
Old 04-02-2004, 03:26 PM

i've gotten 3 people's disconnect protection removed in the last 2 weeks by emailing a hand history to party
Old 04-02-2004, 05:01 PM

I've gotten called a cheater at Party, even though I don't cheat. I have that stupid disappearing button problem. Last night I was about to fold, and I lost my buttons. The moron that was playing me went all in (he had just hit his gutshot straight...) I raised $5 to see where my top pair was, and he went all in. Then he starts cursing and me and I try to explain about the button probem but he's is really laying into me. I tell him i want to fold but whatever. I hope I don't get kicked off for Party's horrible software... [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]