Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2004, 05:40 PM

Default Party Poker Million III Thread!

Well, less than two weeks until the PPM III. I'm playing and I am very excited. Haven't seen much posted round here bout the tournament. Let's get some discussion going. Let's hear from the other 2+2'ers that are playing this year. Let's hear from those who have played in years past. Any interesting tidbits or helpful advice is appreciated.
There's gotta be some interesting stories out there and I'm sure 2+2 will be well represented this year.

I can't wait. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-03-2004, 10:28 AM

Default Re: Party Poker Million III Thread!

I am going [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
This will surely be the experience of a lifetime...
I still don't know if the daily chip count will be postet somewhere on the internet. I tried asking Party Poker support, but they sent me a standard reply about extra starting chips for the semifinals. Got to love them [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Does anyone know?
Old 03-05-2004, 01:19 AM

I hope so. Man, just the chance to play for that kind of money has got me drooling. And I really hope to be seated with some of the well known pro's. Im going with confidence and gonna do my best to play my game and not be intimidated.
Old 03-05-2004, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...really hope to be seated with some of the well known pro's. Im going with confidence and gonna do my best to play my game and not be intimidated.

[/ QUOTE ]

That attitude will serve you well: You look forward to dancing with the pros but don't feel intimidated by the prospect. You can always play your own game and, on any given day, take the edge away from them. Go for it.

Along the same lines, just don't let the magnitude of the event allow you to get to mentally wrapped up. I know I've done that several times in (relatively) bigger events from which point my game unravels.

It's a great freeroll to be on one of these cruises, so just remember you have absolutely nothing to lose and lots to gain.

enjoy,
Shane
Old 03-05-2004, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...really hope to be seated with some of the well known pro's. Im going with confidence and gonna do my best to play my game and not be intimidated.

[/ QUOTE ]

That attitude will serve you well: You look forward to dancing with the pros but don't feel intimidated by the prospect. You can always play your own game and, on any given day, take the edge away from them. Go for it.

Along the same lines, just don't let the magnitude of the event allow you to get to mentally wrapped up. I know I've done that several times in (relatively) bigger events from which point my game unravels.

It's a great freeroll to be on one of these cruises, so just remember you have absolutely nothing to lose and lots to gain.

enjoy,
Shane

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Shane. I appreciate your advice. It sounds very good.
Old 03-10-2004, 02:43 PM

I will be there, too, along with a pro I know. The real trick here is to not be intimidated. Remember, this is a limit tourney, which takes away some of the edge the pros have on us chumps. Hope to see you on the boat! PM me and we can meet up on the ship.