Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 12:11 AM

Default bb special

Ok this is a two part thing.firstly, anyone suggest a better line for this, as i felt pretty lost at the time o_0

also, given that the river raise came from a guy with agg factor of less then 0.5 does that make it a pretty standard fold?

Party Poker 5.00/10.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5.00 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG calls, CO folds.

Turn: (6.00 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

River: (12.00 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Button folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 16.00 BB.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:16 AM

Default Re: bb special

I'm pretty sure that, against any player that isnt a total donktastic maniac, the river is an easy, easy fold. Everything else looks ok, but I only play .5/1.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:17 AM

I'd just 3 bet the flop, button could be raising for a free card, and if you just call alot of turns are going to be too bad for your hand to check/raise. I play the river the same, even though his check/raise looks weird since he's not guaranteed the button will bet, I think his turn coldcall, the flush hitting, the king hitting, and his low agression, along with the fact you have to beat button's hand, mean you're toast often and splitting not often enough to call.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:22 AM

3bet flop 100%.

rest is fine.