Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

Old 12-12-2005, 02:12 PM

Default NLHE: Understanding GSiH

Interesting thread from SSNL

Someone please critique my understanding if I'm the one misunderstanding Ed.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Re: NLHE: Understanding GSiH

I'm probably the last person who should be posting, but I'm with you. Makes sense to me, anyway. All you can do is allow your opponent to make the wrong play. I would like to get better at making good/proper size bets. Heck, I would like to get better at postflop play in general, and pre-flop, and bankroll management, and ...

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2005, 02:46 PM

everyone talks about mispricing people's draws and that might be technically true.

but what about just getting guys to put up their whole stack on second pair or pair ace with bad kicker?? maybe i play too low level games though.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:06 PM

No. You got it right.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
everyone talks about mispricing people's draws and that might be technically true.

but what about just getting guys to put up their whole stack on second pair or pair ace with bad kicker?? maybe i play too low level games though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker is about making as few mistakes as possible while getting your opponents to make as many as possible. The bigger those mistakes are, the better.

There are going to be instances where getting your money in with second pair or a weak Ace is the proper play - usually in a tournament situation.

It depends, in other words. Without context, it's difficult to evaluate whether a play is correct or not.

Also, don't be fooled, giving people the wrong price to draw is more than just technically true. In the long run it's very important to making you a winning player.

Regards,

T
Old 12-13-2005, 04:06 PM

You correctly elucidated, then extrapolated upon the fundamental theorem. Your judgement seemed sublime, but something tells me you already knew that.

Cambraceres