Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Old 12-05-2005, 07:48 PM

Default Some Friendly Advice

Figured I’d share some of my worldly advice with yall.

First, DON’T PLAY SH*TTY *SS STUPID TILT INDUCING POKERROOM.

Second, do not play 4 3/6 6max tables when you know damn well you can only play 2 or 3 well, especially when you just started playing said limit and are not too comfortable with it yet.

Do not try to steal raise with crappy *ss hands like 22 or A 6o a table full of maniacs. Playing crappy hands like this for 3 bets pf SUCKS DONKY B*LLS. Call, make a hand, and THEN make them pay. If they definitely aren’t folding pf, just don’t raise with these sh*tty hands.

Now if you DO decide to do all of these things, it’s ok, don’t panic, but whatever you do, DON’T LET THE MANIACS REPEATEDLY CATCH GOOD HANDS AGAINST ONLY YOU. It sucks, just don’t let it happen.

Ok, so you just did everything I said NOT to. You’re still ok, only down about 5, 6 hundred? You’re fine, just take a while off, don’t sweat it.

But WHATEVER YOU DO, do not come home the same night drunk from the bar and decide you’ll play 5/10 (which you’ve never played before) “to catch up” and proceed to lose another $270 in about 10 minutes while not winning a single hand.

Ok, ok, so you did that too? Ok fine, only down 900, that’s ok. As long as you don’t decided to play some BLACKJACK then everything’s ok still. Just don’t start betting 5 a hand 3 hands at a time to “get back to even,” then when you lose a hundred start doing 10 dollars a hand thinking the same thing, only to lose some more and start betting 25.

The reason why you don’t want to do all this sh*t is then your LIFETIME dollars won chart (bout 90k hands) just might end up looking something like THIS.