Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 07:47 PM

Default Re: 99.8% to win on the flop

[ QUOTE ]
In the stud hand, you're opponent is 100% sure you have quads so you have 0% chance of getting paid off by a bet. Not so in the HE hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quads are really just two pair of the same rank.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the stud hand, you're opponent is 100% sure you have quads so you have 0% chance of getting paid off by a bet. Not so in the HE hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're a good guy so I'll give up here and admit that I'm just messing with you
Old 11-29-2005, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
river Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
It's capped

[/ QUOTE ]

HEE-HAW

[/ QUOTE ]

Just call the raise.

This is probly the worst forum ever to add to 2p2.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just call the raise.

This is probly the worst advice ever to add to 2p2.

[/ QUOTE ]
I hate to do this, but I suspect that you're actually serious.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:04 PM

I think we should rename this the sarcasm forum
Old 11-29-2005, 11:44 PM

yeah man. good idea.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
limit bad beats are so stupid

[/ QUOTE ]

[content] Seen this comment in several threads, and it totally pisses me off. It's the beat, not the bucks. When you're playing perfect at .1/.25 LHE and some uberfish with a horseshoe jammed up his ass sucks out on you repeatedly it hurts just as bad as at $50K NL and should be posted. [/content]

Then again, maybe I'm just bitter 'cause I'm a lame-o limit player. Oh, how I long for the day when I can join studs like you in that nirvana that is no-limit. We'll all sit around wearing sunglasses while playing online and practice shouting "Presto" and wondering what dipsh*t prop bet we can make like the big boys and hoping someone calls our double-secret-semi-bluff-table-image push so we can afford that cool jacket Vince VanPatten was wearing last week and then masturbate ourselves blind thinking about Ed Norton and Matt Damon and just celebrating how damn cool we all are.

I bet you were into line dancing when that was hot.

If you were even alive then.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why was the river capped? HU is usually unlimited raises. I call BS on this story.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa whoa, don't make me bust out a hh.

It was a pokerstars 3/6 6max game.

And i don't know where YOU play, but out of the 15 or so pokerrooms i've played, the only site I can name off the top o' my head that is no cap hu is the cryptos.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:36 AM

I made this comment in another thread. If you played NL, you would know what we mean. In NL, bad beats are like "I played for ten hours and built my stack up from 50bb to 500bb. Then I get all in with AA for 500bb pf and the other deep stack beats me with 67o." That is real pain. Or the first live NL hand I played where I got check/raised all in by QdQx on Ad8d3x board when I had AA and he hit running diamonds. That is real pain. When it's like "He hit runner runner quads to beat my quads!!!! I lost 10bb on the hand!!!" it's just kind of a let down. Yeah, the beats are just as big, but the effect is so small. Blah.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:18 AM

Here's the thing: I completely understand what you're saying, but still don't agree and here's why. NL variance and standard deviation is HUGE BOTH WAYS. Read it again. Yea, 500bb is more than 10bb (and actually, the hand you describe would be more like 25bb), but the effect is about the same. You ever try to win back 25bb at a limit table? Ain't easy. At 2.5bb/100 (a very respectable win rate), I'm playing another 1000 hands to make that back. Or, like you, praying for an idiot to sit down at my table to donate it. I'm sure you've won a few 500bb hands - it all evens out no matter what game you play.

And, truth be told, I do play NL. My online limit play bankrolls some live NL games around town where play is unbelievably soft if you can take the swings. First time I sat at one of these (in a smoky union hall with a bunch of iron workers), I made an atrocious pf call of a 10xbb raise with QTo. Flop came QQT, raiser pushed with pocket ten's and I took his stack. Lost most of it to an even dumber call 3 hours later, and it hurt so bad my hands were shaking. But I still play there, 'cause long run I'm winning.

Play whatever you want to play, but respect all the games and all the serious players.

Shuffle up and deal. [/soap box]