Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Group 2 - Eight vs. Sixteen
Zoolander (16) 44 22.11%
Caddyshack (8) 155 77.89%
Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2005, 07:40 PM

Default Re: Poll: Your favorite / least favorite characters from the 2005 WSOP

I was forced to vote for Aaron "I push all in with K5 cuz I have top pair" Kanter.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:47 PM

As your favorite, right?
Old 11-22-2005, 10:33 PM

Default Re: Poll: Your favorite / least favorite characters from the 2005 WSOP?

Honorable mention: Tex Barch (favorite)
Old 11-23-2005, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
who was the guy with aa vs. matusows kk? i hated him and sheikhan.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you mean when Mike hit a king on the flop and lost to runner runner flush, that's Lazar, who later tilted out. Is that who you meant?

[/ QUOTE ]

yea. he was absolutely obnoxious.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:59 AM

stillman is an embarassment to my borough...

did anyone else think williamsen misread her hand? the fact that she said something about aces out loud makes me think she may have thought she had kings...otherwise she has much more to worry about than aces. in any event, she acted like a moron.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:19 AM

not nearly enough choices for the people I hate - 5 choices weren't enough - but I picked my top two and am glad to see my top two are the top 2 in the poll.

Surprised Tiffany Williamson is so high on the list....I mean, she's no pro, but I wouldn't say I HATE her - I'm sure I'd have a good time with her at the table or off it, but guys like the Sheik need a visit from Al Capone Jr. and his steel toed workboots.

I really liked Andrew Black - seems like the guy give 100% to everyone, no matter who it is - and what they take away from it is their own business. (Yes, I ripped that off from Chelsea Walls, but it's an appropriate description.)

RB
Old 11-23-2005, 03:31 AM

ESPN did a great job of making fun of Tiffany. Essentially, every hand she is in, she either gets her money in way behind or she takes for ever to make an easy fold. I am sure she did not play as poorly as the coverage indicated, but based on what ESPN aired, I can see why so many people dislike her. I mean, she asked for Raymer's chipcount 5 times (incl. the times she asked for the dealer to count it, and the times she asked "exactly?").
Old 11-23-2005, 03:35 AM

can someone who liked the sheik please explain why? at no point in the coverage did he act like a decent human being. i was rooting for the mouth to bust him every time mike got his money in behind (72o) even though mike is no gentleman. the sheik was so rude throughout the coverage especially in the hand where he had folded and he indicated his frustation at having done so given the flop, indicating that his folded hand got a good chunk of the board.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:52 AM

Raymer was my favorite. His run was amazing, and at no time did he lose any of the class that we all respect him for.

I also liked Tex Barch. His play seemed very solid (at least the small sample size we were privy to), and he also played with some class.

I seem to be in the minority here, but Dannenmann drove me crazy. I really didn't like this guy. The impression he gave calling his buddy bragging about "popping" Lederer 30K stuck with me.

However - no one (not even the Sheik) was even close to as annoying/infuriating/shoot-a-hole-in-my-television-ing as that f'ing fat bowling guy with the lisp.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:54 AM

The Sheik was annoyed by people that were annoying, a.k.a. Tiffany and Mike the Mouth.

Mike always starts conflict with people at the table. People often respond because they're, well, people.

I found nothing particularly bad about the Sheik except when he slammed the table. He took the event seriously and tried to play well.