Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 11-13-2005, 09:40 PM

Default Decision in an aggro game with an aggro pot

10 handed 50/100 on the old skins. Unknown CO has posted a dead SB and a BB. Folds to the CO who raises, I 3-bet on the button with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], a loose SB donkey calls, a tight/tricky BB calls, CO folds. I'm playing with a recently changed screenname and this is my second orbit so the BB probably doesn't recognize me. 3 players, 11.5 SBs.

Flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB checks, BB bets, I raise, SB folds, BB 3-bets, I call.

HU for 8+ BBs. Turn is the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. BB bets, what's my action?
Old 11-13-2005, 09:49 PM

Default Re: Decision in an aggro game with an aggro pot

How tricky we talking here? Like he'll 3 bet the turn w/ AT of hearts kind of tricky? Will he 3 bet any hand on the turn that doesn't have you crushed? If he's not that tricky, raise the turn and check behind on the river. If he is that tricky, call the turn. River is also probably a call, unless its an Ace or a broadway heart.

lf
Old 11-13-2005, 11:44 PM

You should call down, there are still some hands the BB can have that you are ahead of like AhQh,AhTh. Maybe I am being too optimistic, but you do have top pair in a large pot, I think you should go to the showdown and see what the BB has. I see no point in raising the turn, and the pot's too big to fold, so call down.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:40 AM

pot is huge call down.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BB bets, what's my action?

[/ QUOTE ]

Call turn and river unless flush gets there.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:31 AM

he donks at you on the turn, so, he's giving you credit for a flush draw, IMO. I think you're beat here, so i'm going to say fold.....sure the pots big, but he's saying he's got a big hand here...probably KJ....i'd opt to fold on the turn.

post the results man!
Old 11-15-2005, 11:04 AM

The choice here is between calling and raising. folding should not be an option. Calling down is what I would do.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:53 PM

Default Results

[ QUOTE ]
How tricky we talking here? Like he'll 3 bet the turn w/ AT of hearts kind of tricky? Will he 3 bet any hand on the turn that doesn't have you crushed? If he's not that tricky, raise the turn and check behind on the river. If he is that tricky, call the turn. River is also probably a call, unless its an Ace or a broadway heart.

lf

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess this is pretty much the crux of it. I had a lot of trouble putting him on better hands aside from KJs and I expected him to fastplay a 4-flush+gutshot+overcard draw since I can have a pretty wide and pretty foldable range. I will routinely do likewise largely because I will often get through the turn for only one bet because one-pair hands won't raise often. So I raised the turn, he thought a long time and called. The river was irrelevant but it was a T and I sucked out good on KQo.