Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 07:29 AM

Default Re: Jesus was unnecessary

[ QUOTE ]
If I'm wrong and there is no God, I'll die and never know. It won't matter. If I'm right, it will matter. And everything will have been worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]
you miss the possibility that you're wrong and there is a god.

chez
Old 11-04-2005, 08:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
<----------------OOT is that way. Get thee to the zoo.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the contrary.

This forum's general discussion rivals anything in OOT for ridiculous content. I have decided to cease discussing religious in any serious manner because it is futile. Those who choose to believe that Noah did in fact collect 2 of every species, the earth really did flood over, God really did then send out his family members to repopulate the earth, etc., illustrate that serious discussion is not in order. If anything, posting silly pictures raises the bar here for forum content.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:04 AM

"I do believe there is a hell. There are truly evil people on earth."

Does that include the tireless little old lady Jewish nurse who believes the messiah has yet to appear?
Old 11-04-2005, 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont know any Christians who say that those who lived before Christ could not be saved. Could be wrong, but I think most Christians believe that the sacrifices of the OT pointed forward to Christ, and that those in the OT (i.e. Abraham were still saved by faith.

**Also, your propositions do not logically support your conclusion that Jesus was unnecessary. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh, I really need to put more than twelve seconds of thought into these things [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] ok, to address:

1) God could have created a purification method independent of people's beliefs, and one that did not involve a crucifixion.

2) But he decided not to employ it and go with Jesus.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
<----------------OOT is that way. Get thee to the zoo.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the contrary.

This forum's general discussion rivals anything in OOT for ridiculous content. I have decided to cease discussing religious in any serious manner because it is futile. Those who choose to believe that Noah did in fact collect 2 of every species, the earth really did flood over, God really did then send out his family members to repopulate the earth, etc., illustrate that serious discussion is not in order. If anything, posting silly pictures raises the bar here for forum content.

[/ QUOTE ]

Had you said this:

I have decided to cease discussing religious because it is futile.

Instead of this:

[ QUOTE ]
I have decided to cease discussing religious in any serious manner because it is futile.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have more respect for what you say when you say it.

I appreciate the heads-up, though. You just saved me the time of reading your posts.

RJT

p.s. I looked back to see if I could figure out why you got banned. I could not. You ever figure out why you did?
Old 11-04-2005, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2) But he decided not to employ it and go with Jesus.

[/ QUOTE ]

But, that's because "without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness". There was no other way. And, that's because, God made it so that there was no other way. It's in his nature to require blood sacrifices. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2005, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pascal's Wager???

[/ QUOTE ]

Long reply I'd started just got erased (by me). Short version...

Had never heard of PW until yesterday. In another forum. googled it. Turns out something I'd worked out for myself in my own life had a name! So yeah, that's pretty much what it is.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2005, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you miss the possibility that you're wrong and there is a god.

chez

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not certain what you mean. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2005, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does that include the tireless little old lady Jewish nurse who believes the messiah has yet to appear?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the Jews are God's chosen people. I believe Christ came, as has been said elsewhere, to save the non-Jew.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:44 PM

[quote
p.s. I looked back to see if I could figure out why you got banned. I could not. You ever figure out why you did?

[/ QUOTE ]

No idea. Maybe tqax007 really does have friends in high places.

And P.S., Jesus dying because he didn't clean his room is no less silly than the myriad of other events in the Bible.