Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 06:14 PM

Default Re: OT: A lot of you have ego problems.

i think everybody here is completely helpful and friendly. the only time you see somebody being a total dick is when somebody posts something really fricken stupid. if you post that you have an roi of 60% and ask if thats good or ask what your stats look like after 50 games then you're going to get made fun of because to be quite honest you are not intelligent and a large number of posters here are very intelligent. smart people often become annoyed by stupid people for their stupidity. i dont know if thats right or wrong but thats how it is.

The other thing that people are dicks about is when some new player doesn't believe what they say. When some people on this forum play 50+ games a day and have been doing so for a long time, they know things. If somebody who has played 50 games total comes in and argues with something the long time player KNOWS to be true, thats aggravating.

Finally, a lot of people here play for a lot of money. swings of thousands of dollars can start to bug even the most solid of players and this forum is often a place of support to turn to. I cant think of many posters that have something to offer that were bashed to the point of not returning. id agree with somebody else that said anybody that is going to be any good at poker is going to have thick enough skin to be made fun of on an internet forum.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:15 PM

how does what the op said solve anything? yes most people on here think they're better than they are, but all poker players do. is it really that much better to ridicule people for being jerks than to ridicule people for being poker-ignorant? i dont think it is.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:19 PM

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTZ!

Yugoslav
Old 10-21-2005, 06:26 PM

I'm no poker god. But I can taunt with the best of them.

You have poopy pants, sir.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm no poker god. But I can taunt with the best of them.

You have poopy pants, sir.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey thats just rude. So what if I just sh-arted myself
Old 10-21-2005, 06:37 PM

I think you should try this
Old 10-21-2005, 06:48 PM

LOL. Thats a good one. First of all my post is not because someone was stupid to me. It is because everyday I look here at least one or twice a day someone is flamed for asking a "stupid" question or making stupid comments like the guy about coaching for free. I don't even post here much because i know i am going to get flamed just thought you should know how stupid it is for a bunch of internet players to flame a guy who is trying to learn.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just thought you should know how stupid it is for a bunch of internet players to flame a guy who is trying to learn.

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah, that's -EV. It's much more positive to your equity to make the guy better so he can take your money. ;-)
Old 10-21-2005, 07:56 PM

Smoke a bowl, dawg
Old 10-21-2005, 08:20 PM

I'd agree and I've never bashed a player, think I know what I am doing bt helpful (I hope) and just happy to be living in a time where we can play internet poker.
Closed Thread